Harrods Green!

Hi OF Members. I hope everyone is doing well. I recently returned from a two-week holiday to the U.K. with my wife and son and I would like to share my latest addition.

We visited Harrods and of course I noticed the watch department and decided to drop by the Tudor Boutique to see the Harrods Black Bay Edition. I've been eyeing this model for sometime now because I really like the color scheme not to mention the look and quality of the Tudor Black Bay.

Of course after seeing it in person and trying it on I fell in love. I looked at my wife and she gave me the "nod" to buy it, but I said no, no, no l want to think about it we'll be in town for a few more days.

We walked out of the boutique and my wife said "you're going to really regret not buying that watch." I've been married long enough to know you should never under no circumstance disagree your wife 😂 so we walked back in and I purchased the watch. Hats off to my wife who has zero interest in watches, but supports my passion.

I want to thank Tudor/Harrods who arranged to have my new watch shipped to my home using DHL who made the process simple and stress free. I was able to postpone the delivery date until after I returned home and paying the Duty was very simple. DHL sent me email that had a link to a portal to make my payment.

Welcome!

Funny story…

Those used to be considered the rarest Rolex on the planet. Only available when Harrods had them in stock, only available at Harrods.

I was looking for something else and I noticed Harrods was selling them online… that’s very odd I thought, and the next day it broke they had gone on sale. As that model of black bay had just been canceled it was assumed only a few hundred were left.

I immediately texted my personal enabler @Bill Sohne and we both got one as it’s a very cool color and arguably the best combo of dial and color of any BB.

Every week for the last year Bill has had me look up to see if Harrods still had them in stock… amazingly they still do.

Great piece little thick… but pretty cool and special.

Congrats!!!!

Thank you for the kind words and backstory. I asked the salesperson if he had any insight as to when they might be discontinued and of course he had no idea. I can share with you my serial number is a few hundred short of 15,000. I know there's speculation that the recent decision to sell them online through Harrods, might be an indication that they are selling off the remaining stock, but that's just a guess. It is a bit thick, but I find it comfortable on my 7.25" wrist. Cheers!

Mine is 12,3xx.

Good to know where they are now. I’m guessing 15,000 might be the end.

Mine is 14,4xx. I'm also thinking 15,000 might be the end of the run. My salesperson said my HarrodsTudor was his third sale of the day so they're moving stock quickly.

I traveled in the same day from Spain to London and back during first opening post-COVID days to pick up mine. All in all it was a fun adventure and enjoyed the experience.
I end up selling it to a friend because of the case height, but is the greatest BB combination (from above perspective).
Looking forward for new revisited versions, and a Harrod's BB58 would be a dream for me.

I own the Blue Black Bay, I like it. Never been keen on the Harrods version. The ex owner of Harrods, (deceased) has been accused of multiple sexual assault incidents so it might be that Tudor are getting rid of all produced stock and don't intend to continue the association. Just a thought.

I own the Blue Black Bay, I like it. Never been keen on the Harrods version. The ex owner of Harrods, (deceased) has been accused of multiple sexual assault incidents so it might be that Tudor are getting rid of all produced stock and don't intend to continue the association. Just a thought.
Online sales already started end of '23, well before the news came out of Al Fayed.

Grumble-grumble "Modern Omega Watches" Grumble-grumble " Yells at cloud" Tudor mrrmrrr

Moved to Rolex topic since it’s close enough, nice watch mate

I traveled in the same day from Spain to London and back during first opening post-COVID days to pick up mine. All in all it was a fun adventure and enjoyed the experience.
I end up selling it to a friend because of the case height, but is the greatest BB combination (from above perspective).
Looking forward for new revisited versions, and a Harrod's BB58 would be a dream for me.
Odds are low of a new one as Harrods no longer seems to have any other Tudors for sale.

Odds are low of a new one as Harrods no longer seems to have any other Tudors for sale.
Don't they run the Tudor boutique anymore?
Edited:

Moved to Rolex topic since it’s close enough, nice watch mate
Thank you. I apologize for posting in the wrong topic.

Don't they run the Tudor boutique anymore?
They do and they sell the full line of Tudor timepieces. However, I believe Harrods limit which Tudor models they sell online.
Edited: