Forums Latest Members
  1. thevespabandit Aug 8, 2016

So I was under the assumption that some time around the change from 3590 to 3570 reference Speedmasters in the 1990s saw the disappearance of the Tritium dial, T Swiss Made T...

I came across this watch and if my padawan eyes are not amiss, then there is a lack on continuity between the advertised year/features and dial of this watch?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ring...l-moon-watch-cal-861-new-old-stock/1110980821

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 8, 2016

The case reference is the tip off, 145.0022, not 145.022, so this is not a 1974 Speedmaster, the mention of "NOS" in the ad most likely means this is a watchco assembled watch made from an old Cal 861 movement from a watch other than a Speedmaster and a new (recently produced) service case, hands, dial etc. So its likely not only modern but also likely the serial won't correspond to a Speedmaster either.

3. thevespabandit Aug 8, 2016

Ooooooooo... why must people do silly things. Is this Vintagewatchco that you're referring to?

Thanks for the info on this, just proves there's an added something to look out for that can catch the uninitiated unawares :-\

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 8, 2016

Watchco Australia, same people that did the Seamaster 300s also did a lot of other watches, I'm not saying its definitely them but they'd have been able to and I believe did assemble some for sale. The extra 0 makes a big difference when you go to pull an extract.

blubarb likes this.
  5. thevespabandit Aug 8, 2016

Ah I think I'm starting to piece the picture together, but I'm somewhat unfamiliar who Watchco is and what they did. I'll have to read up about them on the forum, I'm sure they're covered here somewhere.