Forums Latest Members
  1. pjbocean Feb 7, 2019

New owner here -- comment - darn that crown is small and difficult to get a good purchase on it to wind given the slight over hang of the bezel. Not saying anything should be done about it given its classic design proportions-- just an observation having never wound one before ownership. I have the same issue with a cartier santos and its square edged crown lol. And no I don't have fat fingers lol.

2. BenBagbag Feb 7, 2019

Get a straight-lug. Problem solved! ;)

MCC, eugeneandresson and oddboy like this.
  3. BradleyJ. Feb 7, 2019

I thought so at first too but found that after a while it becomes second nature

noelekal likes this.
  4. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Feb 7, 2019

The key is to let the nail of the finger gripping the underside of the crown into the space between the crown and the case and then pull. :D

5. BradleyJ. Feb 7, 2019

Oh I thought he meant just winding it Haha. Yeah it is tricky to pull the crown but then again so are most watches (that I own) Some are worst than the speedy. I'm relatively new to the speedy so I hope in time it "breaks in"

6. Caus2929 Feb 7, 2019

I must have small fingers because i never had problems like that

7. pjbocean Feb 7, 2019

I did mean just winding not pulling the crown out to set. That I can do no issues.)

8. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Feb 7, 2019

Ahhh my bad. I must admit that winding has never been an issue. It is not the easiest of crowns to operate for sure but should be managed :)

9. Wryfox Feb 7, 2019

Dang...took the wind out my cheeky fat fingers response....:D

10. pjbocean Feb 7, 2019

Like all good things- such as using a simple wine hand opener vs an electric opener -- I get the satisfaction of the task-- I just had not appreciated the crown on the speedy as I will in the future.)

11. REckroat Feb 7, 2019

Watch Vault NYC has a nice, simple video available online. Around the :15-17 second mark, you can see that you can just run your finger along the underside of the crown to wind, instead of attempting to pinch and rotate the crown.

mblease likes this.
  12. vbrad26 Feb 7, 2019

Maybe my Speedy is still a little too new/too stiff but I sure as hell can't spin the crown with one finger from the bottom...

And 2 thoughts about that video...
    Unless I'm doing it wrong (with success), shouldn't you be winding the the crown CLOCKWISE to wind the watch?
    Also, isn't it advised against to spin the crown counterclockwise to set the time if the watch is already wound?

13. BradleyJ. Feb 7, 2019

The way I see this is if you are looking face on at the crown he is winding it clockwise.