Forums Latest Members

Hands-on With The Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Diver Pt6248

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jun 10, 2013

Below is an excerpt of the entire article on Fratellowatches. Click Hands-On With The Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Diver PT6248 to read the entire article.
    [​IMG]

On March 10th of this year, we already introduced the Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Diver to you on Fratellowatches. However, all we had were the press photos and as you know, we'd like to take our own pictures of (new) watches. So during the Baselworld exhibition in April, we visited the nice people at Maurice Lacroix and had a look at their new collection. Click to read (and see!) more about this interesting diving watch from Maurice Lacroix.
    The post Hands-On With The Maurice Lacroix Pontos S Diver PT6248 appeared first on Fratellowatches - Opinions on watches, watch reviews, watch stories & industry news.

2. ulackfocus Jun 10, 2013

Nice. It has a hint of a 60's look to it.

3. michael e Still learning. Jun 10, 2013

I like the look of that, it has look of the vintage Swiss super compressors of the 60s as noted above. I saw some other watches from the Pontos range while on holiday and saw a nice chrono with orange on the dial that looked very nice too.
    Cheers Mick

4. porschefan Jun 11, 2013

Nice

5. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jun 11, 2013

Thanks. If I might add, I am pleased to see that Maurice Lacroix is finally getting some credits amongst watch enthusiasts. Their new stuff is very nicely finished and constructed. Although they still have their fair share of cheaper quartz range watches, the Pontos and Master Collection is definitely worth taking a look at. This Pontos S Diver is my personal favorite (that's why I covered it at FW), the soft strap is awesome and the case design looks & feels great. It is a nice daily wearer for someone who's in the market for a new watch in this price range.

I think Maurice Lacroix jumps nicely into the gap that the big brands left behind when increasing the prices of their watches (Omega, IWC, Rolex). Same goes for B&M and Longines. They are all moving up a bit, not only in price (goes for every mentioned brand), but also in quality.

6. ulackfocus Jun 11, 2013

Some of us have liked them for a while. However, I remember some snobby mods on TZ that don't, particularly one that call ML a "mall watch".

Hey Stan, what do you think of ML now?