Forums Latest Members

Hands-On: Omega Speedmaster Master Chronometer Video Review

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jan 12, 2021

[​IMG]
    Here you go, our hands-on review of the new Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Master Chronometer. Everything you need to know about the Speedmaster can be also found in this article on Fratello. We also covered the new Moonwatch in our recent podcast, here.

Visit Hands-On: Omega Speedmaster Master Chronometer Video Review to read the full article.

2. omegastar Jan 12, 2021

What is the point of showing things we can not see because there are no close ups ? Like the bracelet or the faded bezel...

3. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jan 12, 2021

Not sure you watched the entire video, but there are close-ups included, also of the faded bezel (Ed White). Mainly of the new watches though.

4. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 12, 2021

How different is the color of the white gold to the steel? I realize its hard to picture, but recall noticing it with older white gold watches in-hand...

5. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jan 12, 2021

White gold surely looks different from steel, less 'shiny' perhaps. I think that platinum looks more like steel than white gold does. White gold looks, (drum roll), whiter than steel imho. It is definitely something you need to try for yourself. I love the new Canopus version, but I wouldn't swap it for my Moonshine somehow. The Moonshine has more 'detail' to it that I really appreciate.

6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 12, 2021

Thanks (this was my impression in hand too) :D however this is canopus gold (new magic voodoo stuff) :D

Edit: so the 'take' is that there is no noticable difference between this to regular white gold (short of comparing both in hand, which may be affected by how the 'older' alloys may have aged)

Edited Jan 12, 2021
  7. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jan 12, 2021

I don’t have anything in white gold to compare (my wedding band is platinum). The Canopus white gold has a big amount of palladium, but not sure what that exactly does to the color.

eugeneandresson likes this.
  8. thewodg Jan 12, 2021

Can you confirm that it is possible to substitute the 3861 sapphire case back on the 3861 hesalite model without any modifications/extra parts (other than the sapphire case back itself)? Thanks!