Hand tightening ideas for a 0.18mm seconds hand?

Hi everyone,

After this thread I attempted and learned how to bore hands: https://omegaforums.net/threads/can...nds-do-i-need-a-pivot-smoother-broach.159832/

My first test hand was a seconds hand that had a crumbled pivot, I managed to erode the crumbled part, yet I went over with the boring - I suspect it was crumbled in the first place as it was already bored over

So if the target was 0.18 - it's 0.18+ slightly

Is there an intended way of tightening such a tiny pivot? These aren't pivots either, they are basically obtrusions from the stamping process as far as I know

All I can think of is modifying a tiny side clipper with a drill bit to create a scissor based tightener with a hole for the pivot area - hard to find a small side clipper that is flat though, and it could end up being more expensive if there is a cheaper tool out there

Regards

Depends on how much of a tube is present. You can clamp a tube in the collet of a lathe, or use the Bergeon tool.

If there’s not much of a tube, then your staking set is the next step. Either using a hollow punch, or if you can’t get that to work, a round nose punch.

Light taps...

Like 1