Forums Latest Members
  1. voere pawn brokers are all about $$$ Dec 27, 2018

This was one of my Grandpa’s watches. When I was about eight or nine years old this watch was sitting in a junk drawer at my uncle’s house. One weekend I spent the weekend at his home. I do not recall what I was looking for in the drawer. I noticed this watch.

My uncle was standing in the room. I looked at the watch picked it up and asked about the watch. My uncle told me it’s an old junk pocket watch that was one of Grandpa’s watches. Then he mentioned if you want it you can have it. I was really overjoyed to receive the watch.

The dial is cosmetically challenged however I treasure this watch. In its day I’m sure it was not considered a junk pocket watch. It has Depollier on the dial which was a jeweler in New York. The movement is from Ditisheim. The case a swing out Dubois. The design is art deco and IMHO very nice.

My Grandfather never wore a wrist watch only pocket watches for him. Grandpa was born in the late 1800’s he never could get used to wearing a wrist watch.

This watch needs a good overhaul. I only wear this watch on Christmas or New Years day. It's amazing this watch as filthy and dry is the movement is keeps good time. One day I may have the movement serviced. However I'm in NO rush to do so.

ja 009.jpg ja 013.jpg ja 015.jpg ja 019.jpg
    Edited Dec 28, 2018
    bubba48, kyle L, S.H. and 1 other person like this.
  2. S.H. Dec 27, 2018

Ditisheim was a great name in watchmaking and chronometry, if i'm not mistaken. Your movement look high-end.

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 27, 2018

I think its great.

4. Professor Dec 27, 2018

That is one beautiful case.:)