Forums Latest Members
  1. pknopp Dec 17, 2012

This one needs some attention and certainly not the best example but really nice examples have really gone up after being on Mad Men.

[​IMG]

2. ulackfocus Dec 17, 2012

Hamilton had some interesting dials and cases back in the 50's and early 60's. Funny that they had to go Swiss to get automatics.

3. pknopp Dec 17, 2012

You know though..........I found a 1974 Hamilton Buccaneer at a flea market for $10. It had obviously been abused. I probably should still get it serviced but I have been wearing it as a work watch. I can lay it down for 2-3 days and pick it up and it's still nearly right on time.

I guess it doesn't matter how you get it done as long as it's done well. I do really like their 50's-60's dials and cases.

4. ulackfocus Dec 17, 2012

As much as I bust on Hamilton, I did own a couple - a Storm King and a Bradford:

[​IMG]

They're nice watches. There's no acrimony with me and any Hamilton collector. All was in good fun and we still toss around some harmless barbs on occasion.

5. smithrjd Dec 17, 2012

Hamilton's are a nice watch, but LOL how many different ones are there?? Talk about a long time to learn a brand. They do span the gamet, you name a style and they made one or two of each.

6. SeanO Dec 17, 2012

love the Sputnik.

the auto movement (661) is a Certina/Kurth ebauche which is essentially bulletproof. Parts are easy to find and any competent watch repair guy will be able to handle it.

the dial could do with a clean and then it will rock.

:thumbsup:

pknopp likes this.