Forums Latest Members

Halloween, or what to do with your Frankenwatch

1. niels Oct 31, 2014

I made a small mistake on Ebay a few months back, and ended up with a scary piece of artwork from Bangalore. Turns out it made for great Halloween inspiration : )

IMG_1345.jpg
    88cut, alam, citizenrich and 3 others like this.
  2. Impondering Doesn't actually ponder all that much. Oct 31, 2014

Funny !!

3. Hijak Nov 1, 2014

NICE!:D

4. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Nov 1, 2014

Is that the most faked Omega dial? I do love the look of that particular Omega style of dial.

I have one of those but it came from a stateside seller ... who very well may have picked it up same place.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 1, 2014

Anything military or military-ish is on the redialers favourites list, as is the Don Draper DeVille

citizenrich and noelekal like this.
  6. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 1, 2014

The so called Omega's coming out of the Ukraine make me laugh...

7. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Nov 1, 2014

Just took fresh photos. Don't know what its dial originally should have looked like or if hands are part of the original watch but they don't look right for this dial. The watch features a 520 movement. Looked it up on the Omega site and the serial number and reference number seemed to agree, pointing to late 1959/early 1960. Looked into it while it was opened for service. Even wrote the serial number down and reference number on the case back but didn't save them as I didn't know I would be joining the Omega Forum and they would be important.

[​IMG]

A wonderful timekeeper after being serviced, it's a weekend-chores-about-town-watch. And yes, it was worn as my Halloween watch yesterday. The bank where I am employed has jeans day on casual Friday. So jeans it was, along with a shirt to match the local high school colors in support of home team, and the scary watch. After last night, the football team is 9 and 0 and playoff bound.

8. niels Nov 1, 2014

those hands look better than mine and that crown is nice too. here's what mine looks like inside

image.jpg
  9. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Nov 1, 2014

where do you live (don't worry, I'm not a stalker).

Anymore. Have to run , I'm late for probation meeting).