Forums Latest Members
  1. CrisROSE Mar 15, 2017

I'm getting rid of the last of my quartz watches to focus on a 3-watch mechanical setup.

To replace my sporty "adventuring" quartz, I'm considering picking up a Halios Puck II as I'm really taken by the geometric simplicity. It's 48mm but I'm getting rid of a 50mm and wear a 46mm Oris daily now.

Does anyone have experience of Halios Watches?

VincentLions_Halios_Puck_55177.jpg
    Halios-Puck-II-2.jpg
    Halios-Puck-II-5.jpg

Kreindog24 likes this.
  2. Kreindog24 Mar 17, 2017

No direct experience but I have been listening to the Grey NATO podcast and they have good things to say. (As I read this I guess that's pretty much like saying I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night!)

Anyway, nice looking watch with good reviews. I think if you like the look, you should go for it!

3. lwong Mar 17, 2017

A great brand in my view, the proprietor Jason has some really good and well-balanced designs. Of all the micro-brands out there, this is top three for me, and arguably the best one to emerge thus far. I have a bluering from early on which I gifted to my dad who's a non-WIS, he's beat the crap out of it and it still looks and runs fantastic.

I only collect vintage but may make an exception for their upcoming Seaforth, if Halios can make a flat link bracelet for it...

4. yinzerniner Mar 17, 2017

I tried on a few of their models during a Wind Up NYC event and was slightly disappointed. The materials, colors and designs seemed very nice when read on a spec sheet or viewed as a list, but in the metal there was something lacking. The finishing was OK but nothing special, bezels, dials, hands and chapter rings were all too often misaligned, the colors never quite "popped" like in the online pics, and the overall feel of the watches was a step below 100% solid. The reps and owner that were there were quite friendly and very knowledgeable but my overall impression was that the whole did not equal the sum of the parts.
    Then again, this is just one idiot's opinion and you must have some in-person time to garner your own, but in my view a Seiko or Oris is the better value proposition.

Edited Mar 24, 2017
    Foo2rama likes this.
  5. SteamedVeggie Mar 24, 2017

I bought a Delfin PVD as a beater, and it was nice enough that I don't wear it as one. Everything lines up nicely (better than some of my Seikos) and it looks as good in person as it did in the photos. My only complaint is the automatic movement creates more noise than I would prefer.