Forums Latest Members
  1. Seamaster Mar 11, 2012

Hello,

just used your search engine but could not find a match for my request, so I am going to ask for your support.

I have the oppurtunity to buy a Seamster Cosmic (see atteched pic). As I am not really experienced with ancient Omegas I am interested to gather some information e.g.: what kind of caliber is used (571, I was told, correct? its a monocoque case, no opening at bottom), is it reliable, and important: is this a real one where noone has "assembled" something . . . . . ? (I also checked Omegas vintage pages but could not find an answer either)

Thanks a lot for your support in advance!! Kind regards from the newbie (just joined after being a fellow or reading for a while here)

Foto147.jpg
  2. Wetworks Mar 11, 2012

Hi,

That looks to be a very nice example of a crosshair Cosmic. As for the movement, if it is an automatic it will likely have a caliber 552 inside. If it is manual, it'll have a caliber 601. I've never heard of a Cosmic with a 571, but what the heck do i know?!?!?:unsure:

3. nsmike Mar 11, 2012

4. Seamaster Mar 11, 2012

@wetworks: due the this nice appearance (your are right - I had them in hand and looks beautiful and not tiny) I am really into this fine watch but - nevertheless - need some recommendation. It is automatic. Maybe I mixed the number so here its probably me who is wrong;). Thank you.

@nsmike: thanks a lot for this link, I will immediately go through all this info!

5. nsmike Mar 11, 2012

I borrowed this photo from a closed ebay auction, it shows the font and layout, for a Cosmic automatic. CosmicAutomatic.jpg

6. ulackfocus Mar 11, 2012

The crosshair dialed Cosmic has a manual wind 600 series inside. It's probably a reference 135.0016 with a caliber 601, and the example you've posted appears to be correct - and pretty damn nice too. If it has any other movement it's a franken.

EDIT: you might have meant 751 instead of 571 - but that would have a day + date display, and would not be in this series. The 752 - the non-chronometer version of the 751 - is the day + date caliber found in Cosmics. It's a very good watch with any of the movements offered from the factory. This reference was available starting in 1966.

7. Seamaster Mar 12, 2012

Thanks for supporting me!

@ulackfocus and @all: I got the nummer from the bottom, it's 135.017. Calibre seems to be a 601. Any comments on this? (I did not mix only numbers I was completely wrong, sorry . . . . ).

So, according to your statements I should go for this as it is really nice one and in very good condition (incl. this fine bracelet).

If you have more advices for me, please let me know as I want to be sure to do the right thing:)

8. ulackfocus Mar 12, 2012

If I didn't own a Cosmic already I'd surely take a crack at buying it. That watch on that bracelet should sell for $400 - $550 because those Beads of Rice bracelet sells for $100+ on their own. If you really like it, and the condition is as good as it seems in the picture, you could always go to the high end or a little more, especially if it was serviced by a watchmaker.

9. Kommis Vintage Omega Connoisseur Mar 12, 2012

Here you have some Cosmic from my collection.
    COSMIC, Seamaster 30 005.jpg COSMIC 25 november 004.jpg Cosmic 4.jpg Cosmic 2000 002.JPG Cosmic 1.jpg Cosmic 2.jpg Omega Cosmic 4 augusti 2009 011.jpg Cosmic 1.jpg STÄMGAFFEL PLUS COSMIC TRADERA 30 september 001.jpg

10. Seamaster Mar 12, 2012

Wow - I am impressed . . . . so many Cosmics::jumpy::. But they all do have a date, my one (the aimed one) has no date, fine structured white clear crosshair dial, symmetric design and excellent comfortable bracelet in the famous rlx-style.

Daily deviation is according to dealer around +9sec/day. Will come with one year warranty . . . . I am just one step away from this watch - or do you present me an aspect to resign? Monetary aspect is more than the already mentioned one, but case is in very good condition and dial as displayed.