Forums Latest Members

GS Snowflake’s Titanium?

1. Mugul May 9, 2021

Im sure this can be found some where but upon doing a quick search I couldn’t.

I was wondering what grade Titanium comes on the GS Snowflake? My understanding is grade 5 Ti is much more scratch resistant then grade 2 Ti but GS doesn’t specify which? The GS snowflake is instead advertised as “high-intensity” Ti and they claim it to be more scratch resistant then normal Ti. Is this just marketing BS or is there actually a technical difference?

And finally for any GS snowflake owners, did you find the bracket scratched easy?

Thanks.

2. Mugul May 11, 2021

I guess it doesn’t matter anymore... just picked one up!

B40D720B-F572-4EC4-9A52-C0C868E6C1D3.jpeg 74718BBB-391C-44FA-AD75-36DDFCF61B59.jpeg
  3. Walrus May 11, 2021

Looks very nice did u answer your question about the titanium I’m curious? My father was a metallurgist it was amongst his favorite metals

4. Major74 May 11, 2021

You work fast. Very nice watch btw

5. Mugul May 11, 2021

It was advertised on the AD website as grade 5 Ti. I’m still a little sceptical as I haven’t seen it anywhere else but took the plunge anyways. Love the dial and light weight. I was originally looking at a 38mm AquaTerra in the same general price range, but I really don’t like the polished center links on the AT bracelet and already have a PO so this provided some nice diversification.

MtnMarine and Walrus like this.
  6. Walrus May 11, 2021

It really is a beautiful watch. I know some don’t like the power reserve on the dial but I don’t mind it at all (I don’t have one mind you) I think you did very well and I hope you enjoy it for years to come. Too bad my old pops wasn’t around he could tell you everything you wanted to know about that metal and more but don’t worry regardless some scratches are inevitable I think they can add character

7. 3nicewatches $100 well spent May 11, 2021

Sort that date out, you’re doing my OCD in!

Mugul likes this.
  8. sgrenald May 12, 2021

It’s a proprietary titanium alloy

9. Jim W Jun 3, 2021

I don't know what the Titanium alloy is, but I can confirm it seems to be very scratch resistant. I have owned my Snowflake for a few years and don't wear it very often, but so far it is completely unmarked. I wear it when I want a dress watch (rather than a chrono or diver). The Snowflake is for me easily the best of the Grand Seiko range. (I have three Spring Drive GS - was five but I sold a couple of them).