Forums Latest Members
  1. Superdoc Mar 1, 2015

ok, so those who've see my Instagram have seen this pic, but I would love the opinions of the truly important cohort here...
    image.jpg

I really like it...
    I'm Just such a purist that I don't know if I can keep it...
    Currently just a SS deployment clasp...
    Opinions please
    image.jpg

billyblue likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 1, 2015

I think it looks decent but the OEM fitment strap is so well suited to the unusual black pearl kind of colour of the ceramic case that it looks a little flat by comparison

Beefylugs and epl108 like this.
  3. ctime3 Mar 1, 2015

Mr. Superclock,

After a bottle of wine and a little scotch. I would say the gray strap looks better. Not a fan of a dark color with the gray. But Mr. Repoman would be a better opinion since
    he is good with speedmaster's.

4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Mar 1, 2015

Not feeling it. The black strap appears to lighten up the color of the watch. With the gray strap the body of the watch appears darker.

As I right this I was thinking is the dress white and gold or blue and black...

watchme likes this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 1, 2015

Whats the Darkside/Greyside lug width is it 21 or 22?

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 1, 2015

I like it. It makes the accents - text, date number and outlines of the markers on the dial - stand out a little more. If the tach was black or had black numbers I'd be 100% behind it. As it is, looks sharp, but doesn't look quite finished, so maybe 96% behind it.

7. Superdoc Mar 1, 2015

21mm
    Same as any 9300 Speedmaster
    But not easy to get into place

Edited Mar 1, 2015
  8. repoman Mar 1, 2015

I saw the pic on IG when you posted it and I refrained from comment because I really wanted to think about this. As much as I like the OEM strap on the Grey Side, this was the first alternative look that gave me pause. A bracelet is definitely a NO-GO on the Grey Side, but this black strap surprised me. I'm going to say "yes" to the black, but under the proviso that I think it has a place along with the OEM strap. I could see dressing it up a bit with the black. I think it works.

9. Shem Mar 1, 2015

I like it. It makes the case and dial pop with the contrast. I agree that it's an option alongside the OEM, not a replacement for it, but it's a smart look.

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 1, 2015

What had actually crossed my mind was the Omega vintage mesh 22mm strap which due to its design also fits 21mm lugs easily but its steel so the colour won't match. The titanium bracelets also don't quite match the colour as they've got too much warmth in their tone, but I'm just imagining if you had a mesh bracelet that was silver plated and left to tarnish you'd get close, that's about the only metal (silver with even patina) I can think of that comes close to describing the rather unique colour of the greyside.

11. MrBadExample Mar 1, 2015

Still looks fantastic, but I'm not sold. I'm sure I could get used to it though...
    How does it look on the wrist?

The grey ceramic is such a complex colour. Which, for me, is the appeal for this piece.

Despite my initial concerns with the original grey strap, I reckon Omega actually nailed it!
    I feel that, like the grey ceramic case itself, the strap also shows itself in a multitude of complimentary tones, when viewed in different lights.
    I just took a quick snap of mine (any excuse), exactly 'as-is' in my dimly lit living room right now. Charcoal with light grey stitching appears to be the current tone. (Admittedly, the photo shows it to be ever so slightly darker).
    image.jpg

Don't get me wrong though, I still spend a lot of time trying to reimagine my GSOTM. I will eventually make mine unique to me.
    I really want to see it on brown nubuck. For no other reason than me loving brown leather...

yinzerniner and Nicherotors like this.
  12. anselmw Mar 1, 2015

Not sure it looks as nice as the OEM grey one. Need some wrist pictures to really know

13. billyblue Mar 1, 2015

I prefer it to the OEM strap, looks really good to me. As mentioned earlier is males the eyes even more focus on the case and dial. I've seen pictures with certain light conditions where I thought the grey strap doesn't really fit to the color tone of the case.

14. SeanO Mar 2, 2015

what about a coloured strap to take advantage of the neutral colour of the watch.

something burgundy or honey as a real contrast.

15. italy1861 Mar 2, 2015

I like it.. I prefer the original strap though...

16. shoota70 Mar 2, 2015

dark blue rally

17. MarcWinkman Mar 2, 2015

It looks nice, but I prefer the look of the Grey Side on it's OEM strap. To me, the Grey Side looks a little...boring on the black strap. Just my opinion, and we all know they share something in common with a certain part of the anatomy.

18. JG808 Mar 2, 2015

I think it looks pretty good. Of course the OEM strap compliments the watch perfectly and maybe the black would be better with contrast stitching.

19. Nicherotors Mar 2, 2015

I'd vote for contrasting stitching if possible.

20. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 2, 2015

It works well, but the original suits better the character of the watch for me. I think it could work with a similar strap with just a hint more character. Less smooth.

I would wear it though. You can always keep switching