Forums Latest Members

Grey Side of the Moon Meteorite Availability

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_horizon May 30, 2016

Hi, any ADs out there with info on the availability of the GSotM Meteorite? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance May 30, 2016

A quick Google search turned up 3 of them.

3. the_horizon May 30, 2016

Hi tpatta, three of them for sale? But Omega said they weren't going to be available until sometime in June. Trying to get some info on who will have them and how to get on the list, if that is what I need to do.

4. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance May 30, 2016

Sorry. Early morning brain freeze. Didn't see the Meteorite part. Googled GsotM without the Meteorite part. OK, going back to sleep now. :(

the_horizon likes this.
  5. shutterlife May 30, 2016

A visit to your AD or OB will get you some answers as well as trying on other watches. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, as I'm not currently pursuing that variant of the GSOTM.

the_horizon likes this.
  6. the_horizon May 30, 2016

Thanks shutterlife. What is an OB?

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 30, 2016

Omega Boutique

the_horizon likes this.
  8. Superdoc May 30, 2016

July...
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

CTS-V, jsaen, wristpirate and 6 others like this.
  9. OmegaCard Anti-sticky exaggerator extraordinaire! May 30, 2016

Haven't you heard? Omega screws over people that buy ceramics from their ADs and OBs. Wait till November and it will be 40% off with warranty in some quasi-grey market they allow to exist.

10. Bushido May 31, 2016

I am a happy owner of one of their ceramics. Yet my puppy has not been kicked, my wife has not been insulted, nor myself challenged to a duel at high noon by Omega. Out of all the models which have been purchased, we have a whopping two credible claims of the case breaking. Of those two, both were fixed gratis by Omega. Ergo, not sure if being serious or poking fun at the rumors and hyperbole?

11. Alex_TA May 31, 2016

Not exactly this model but I asked my AD on the availability of the new PO GMT which was shown in Basel. The answer was July.
    [​IMG]

Edited May 31, 2016
    CTS-V, dalethorn and the_horizon like this.
  12. OmegaCard Anti-sticky exaggerator extraordinaire! May 31, 2016

You're responding to a thread about the OP asking ADs for the availability of the new GSOTM Meteorite. I was pointing out to the OP that Omega will make this watch readily available to the grey market before the year is up.(Or at least that has been what they've done with all the previous ceramic releases) So my advice is he should wait to buy the watch from the grey market and save 40% off the MSRP. It will be brand new and come with warranty....just 36-40% less than AD or OB.

They treat all their Snoopy ::puke::loving fans great. Ceramics fans, not so much.:cautious:

Maybe your comprehension will improve over time. ::rimshot::

the_horizon likes this.
  13. Superdoc May 31, 2016

I fail to see what you're trying to accomplish here...
    Do you think that the grey market is unique to Omega?
    Do you think that the boutique model, and reduction in AD contracts is not a direct effort to control this?
    Do you not understand how buying from boutique has value added perks that offset any discount you may find at a grey dealer?
    Are you of the belief that everyone else in the world is ignorant and that you alone hold divine knowledge?

How exactly have they treated "snoopy loving fans" better than anyone else? Is it by producing a product that does well in resale? Is that what you think their priority should be?

As far as "responding to the OP", he asked a very straight forward question...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have no regrets about paying MSRP for my ceramics at the boutique...

Maybe you don't have the same type of disposable income, maybe there's a reason for that...

14. OmegaCard Anti-sticky exaggerator extraordinaire! May 31, 2016

The OP only had one post. So I wasn't sure if he was familiar with how Omega has handled their past ceramic releases. Sure, I did it a little tongue and cheeky. But I think I've spent enough money with Omega to have an opinion on how they conduct business.

I don't get treated like an Omega ambassador when I buy my watches. Maybe there's a reason for it. Maybe it's all a cheap sales pitch. Anyhow, to donate the extra money to Omega OB seems foolish to me.

nima0071 likes this.
  15. labwatch Jun 1, 2016

Out of curiosity, what perks does an OB give on a per watch basis that equals several thousand dollars? I have yet to be offered anything nearing that amount. I have nothing against buying from any dealer, OB, AD, or Grey. The market sets the price, not OB.

Excellent

Or maybe he is smart with his disposable income so he has...drumroll...more disposable income. :) You seriously believe because someone didn't want to pay list price for something, they don't have disposable income? Kind of shallow don't you think? As they say, a fool and his money are soon parted. I saved enough over my 30 years of buying watches to pay cash for a Porsche and go on a nice vacation every year. I'd much rather have my Porsche than an extra strap from a OB.

YMMV :)

Edited Jun 1, 2016
    DLT222, nima0071 and OmegaCard like this.
  16. Superdoc Jun 1, 2016

I'll concede that the 'Disposable Income' comment was uncalled for, but I'll just say that if I happen to pay a few thousand more at the boutique, I'll quickly forget about that money. I won't miss it. I've worked hard enough that I don't have to 'save up'. I didn't start buying from the boutique in an effort to get flown to Switzerland. I just really appreciated the 'point of sale experience', and for me that was valuable, and worth paying for.
    for me its about the value, not the money. If a watch depreciates, I don't take it as a personal affront.

I don't see the boutiques as any effort to 'screw' customers. And I personally really enjoy the buying experience.

I'll admit that it's easier to sacrifice a few thousand$ when its a half day's work as opposed to a week's work, so I don't begrudge anyone for searching for a deal, but it was the attitude that charging a certain price was an offence against the consumer, that was the statement with which took issue.

Many people can tell you about some of the things they've attended courtesy of Omega Boutique, whether its the watch-making courses, the collector's events, or launch events, the memories provided are worth more than the extra money paid at the boutique.

Having Dinner seated next to Buzz Aldrin... that one is more 'Priceless'.

Congratulations on your Porsche, that's a great story of saving up. My first Omega was a result of saving up... I am completely self-made, from poverty, to negative net-worth, to never having to worry about money again. So it's not like I am a trust fund child who has no appreciation for money. I just see some things as more valuable than the dollar.

(BTW I'll be looking at Porsche this summer, but am leaning towards Aston Martin..)

17. Alex_TA Jun 1, 2016

OP asked here very specific question. Did he asked for lifehacks? [emoji57]

Porsche... We all know that Lexus is better [emoji95]
    (hiding in a bomb shelter)

Superdoc likes this.
  18. Superdoc Jun 1, 2016

Agree... Let's get back on track.. Available at boutique in July... Authorized dealers/ grey market... Possibly 6 months later... But who wants to wait? (Any room in that bomb shelter?)

the_horizon and Alex_TA like this.
  19. OmegaCard Anti-sticky exaggerator extraordinaire! Jun 1, 2016

Aaahhh. I was hoping to lure him in some more with his boastful disposable income statements. ::facepalm2:: Filthy rich I tell ya. ::psy::

As for the perks, I was offered a private showing and dinner once. Didn't go. And I didn't value it anywhere near what I overpaid by going to AD/OB to start. By my calculations I could have bought a new Rolex Batman. Live and learn. At least I'm a lot more wiser now and encourage others not to make my mistakes. I can absorb them were others may not be able to do so. At the very least know your options I say.

Edited Jun 1, 2016
    nima0071 likes this.
  20. OmegaCard Anti-sticky exaggerator extraordinaire! Jun 1, 2016

Well count me as someone who feels screwed when I pay $4,000+ more than what the guy down the street is offering it for. :cautious:

Edited Jun 1, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.