Forums Latest Members
  1. JennyIGotYaNumba May 10, 2019

Considering getting a NIB (w/MFR warranty) Omega from a seller mentioned here as having a good reputation. My guess is this outfit is supplying the US with "grey market" Omegas e.g. bought elsewhere in the world for a good price, shipped to the US, and selling direct here.

My question is:
    Let's say this Omega was bought in some European country ~4 months ago from AD and then sent to this dealer. Then I buy it. If I have a warranty and present to Omega USA for repair/service, will the warranty be valid, even though the warranty cards are from overseas?

Anyone w/personal experience with this?

2. Linzer May 10, 2019

If the warranty card is stamped and dated than yes, it will be valid.

Edited May 10, 2019
    JennyIGotYaNumba likes this.
  3. FlyingSnoopy May 10, 2019

Valid worldwide provided it is stamped and dated
    Cheers

JennyIGotYaNumba likes this.
  4. rainking May 10, 2019

That's why it's called an international warranty.

shoota70, JennyIGotYaNumba and 89-0 like this.
  5. nordwulf May 29, 2019

Things like warranty cards and stamps can be easily faked. You can even find blank warranty cards on eBay. Buyer beware.

6. shoota70 May 29, 2019

I experienced in real life what you are asking.

I purchased a speedmaster from one of our trusted sellers. It needed to be repaired (minor issue with a pusher for the 1866).

I took the watch and the warranty card stamped with a European AD and 7 months left on Omega Warranty to my local OB (in the USA). They accepted it, photo copied my Omega warranty card and sent it off to Omega for repair. Short time later I had my watch back, in perfect working condition, with Omega paperwork, and no cost to me.

mrmahdi likes this.
  7. tjs May 29, 2019

Most well known brands market their warranty as "International" and it is usually labeled as such on the warranty card itself. Search for "omega warranty card" in Google Images and you'll see that is the case. Good luck!