Forums Latest Members
  1. WatchCor Jul 11, 2019

Hi all,

I realized that I have not yet done a introduction post but I thought I would remedy that now.

I'm 36 yrs old, I have wife and 5 yr old son. I work as a surgeon in public healthcare. I've been afflicted by the the mechanical watch sickness for about 4-5 yrs, so I would say I am just starting this adventure. I live in Funland. Wohoo.
    Screenshot_20190711-103710_1_1_1.jpg
    I've payed my newbie tax (~2000€ :oops:) had and had an awfull experience with a certain brands (IWC) service in the first year of collecting. That luckily didn't deter me and I now consider my self slightly more experienced than in my first year.:D

My taste in watches is a tad on the side of the sportier ones but I secretly have a Patek Calatrava fetish.

On to the pics.
    IMG_20190711_101140_1.jpg IMG_20190711_100954_1.jpg IMG_20190705.jpg IMG_20190410_202746-picsay.jpg IMG_20181013_120139.jpg IMG_20190414_084915-picsay.jpg IMG_20180903_152157__01.jpg IMG_20190413_090258-picsay.jpg

Yeah, and I own A Quartz watch, I like it and it reminds me of my war vet grandad who had the same watch on his wrist when I was a kid. One time as a kid rejoiced as I noticed that Santa had exact same watch as grandad, I couldn't wait to tell grandad about it. ::facepalm1::

That some basic stuff about me, thanks to everyone here for contributing to this amazing community.

2. Martin_J_N Jul 11, 2019

Hi and welcome, nice collection of watches.

WatchCor likes this.
  3. OHS Jul 11, 2019

Hello! Love the explorer on the grey suede - really nice setup. :)

JanV and WatchCor like this.
  4. JanV Jul 11, 2019

Welcome to the OF. And yes, it truly is a Funland... :) Tervetuloa!

WatchCor likes this.
  5. Vitezi Jul 11, 2019

So do I :) Welcome aboard! Nice set of watches :thumbsup:

WatchCor likes this.
  6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 11, 2019

Welcome, and well done on the collection - varied and to your tastes, perfect.

Foo2rama and WatchCor like this.
  7. americanaut Jul 11, 2019

Welcome from a newbie ;) I've been to Funland two years ago, we rented a house on a lake close to Lintusalo - great memories!! Also, you've got a nice variety in your watch collection - very cool!

WatchCor likes this.
  8. WatchCor Jul 11, 2019

Thanks to all for the nice responses , :)

Well hot dang, if you mean the Lintusalo that's a bit closer to the north then our "summer-house-by-a-lake" is very close to that place. Very nice region. If you mean the Lintusalo that's closer to the eastern border, well there I haven't been but I imagine it is as pretty as the other Lintusalo:D

americanaut likes this.
  9. americanaut Jul 11, 2019

I had to check where the one is that's North, I didn't know there were more than one :D
    It was the one close to the Eastern border - but I assume it's as pretty as the one up North :cool:

WatchCor likes this.
  10. WatchCor Jul 11, 2019

Not from either of Lintusalo we discussed but still 98% chance they look like this.
    saimaa-view-1.jpg kivirannan_lomamokki_tahko_sauna_jarvi (1).jpg
    183355426_2947e0b6fd_b.jpg

Tbh Finnish lakeside/countryside looks almost identical (excluding Lapland of course, which is the same but with very few and short trees and more snow). It's very pretty but kinda the same all over in my oppinion.:p

Kinda:
    giphy.gif

americanaut likes this.
  11. Maganator Jul 11, 2019

Welcome. Lovely collection! That Explorer ::love::

In primary school (around age 10) we were all given a pen pal of the same age from Funland. :)

Mine was called Kaisia Karty (sp?).

She wrote me a letter and enclosed a photograph. She was blonde and gorgeous. ;)

I immediately broke up with my Scottish girlfriend to focus on the new love of my life, Kaisia. I wrote her back.:thumbsup:

I never heard from Kaisia again. ::confused2:::(::confused2:::(

If you see her tell her from me that I forgive her and have now moved on. :unsure:

12. Nucejoe Jul 11, 2019

Hi, Nice place.

WatchCor likes this.
  13. americanaut Jul 12, 2019

98%? You're so right :D The little hut was the outdoor sauna from our cabin in the woods, but whom am I telling :thumbsup:

[​IMG]
    It was lovely!! Unfortunately, it rained for almost a week. Only sunny day: my birthday! As if Funland knew...

WatchCor likes this.
  14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 12, 2019

Welcome!

Featuring a 321, alpinist( on French paracord), and a 1655 will win you no friends here....

Just kidding your going to fit in just fine!!! You will find we love all brands here. And my god that 1655 looks amazing.

I am also going to assume your a better driver then most of us here.

JanV and WatchCor like this.
  15. JanV Jul 12, 2019

Well just seeing a picture like this gets the adrenaline flowing on many of us Funlanders and looking at apexes, what gearing to go thru and where to blip the break under power... :)

5235CBC5-E01F-493A-8AC0-0D0ED576F709.jpeg
    americanaut, Foo2rama and WatchCor like this.
  16. americanaut Jul 15, 2019

Yeah, that's how the street to our cabin looked like for a mile or so :cool: Unfortunately, the little Nissan Note rental did not make for a fitting car :) (I did pretend to be on a Finland Rally Stage though...)

WatchCor likes this.
  17. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jul 15, 2019

Welcome @WatchCor !

Great collection and nice to see some diversity in it. Clearly not a fan boy despite being a Fun boy. As for Funland I would like to put forth a part of it that even the Funs often forget - strangely enough (I notice it is not even included in the area you have circled in). Not all Funs have a lake side view. Some Funs have a sea side view... on Åland. Even if being just half Fun I consider it my better half.

I have a relative in Funland that is in your line of work. Fremling is the family name.

[​IMG]

My mother - as usually checking that all islands are in place:

[​IMG]

Edited Jul 15, 2019
    WatchCor likes this.
  18. WatchCor Jul 15, 2019

Thank you for the kind words @styggpyggeno1 , I try to keep it diverse but compact. Maybe a vintage Heuer would make a good addition or SM300, or a Rolex.:thumbsdown:. Ah the pain of choosing.:mad:

Gorgeous view you have there, my apologies, it's true I forgot about Åland island. I shamefuly have to admit that I haven't visited Åland (the stop-and-go with a "tax-free" FUNcruise doesn't count:oops:) or the islands in front of Turku. The seaside for what I have heard and and seen from a cruise ship is absolutely gorgeous.

P.S, No harm intended with the "not circling" Åland. That was pure clumsiness of me. I didn't include Turku or Helsinki either as you probably noticed. :D That'll show those pompous and cocky Southerners.:p