Forums Latest Members
  1. Mephisto Sep 24, 2018

Hi, I'm a new member and longtime lurker from Seoul in Korea.
    I first came here for the Omegas but ended up staying for Longines after buying a cushion-cased cal. 431 Ultra-Chron which subsequently was on my wrist every day for a year or so, quenching my thirst... temporarily.
    Now fully converted to the church of the winged hourglass(though my heart still aches for other brands), I recently went on a buying spree worthy of a Saudi prince in Geneva and decided it was high time to enter this world(pun intended).
    So, it's with a question that I would like to finish my first post: would the cal. 431 with its 36k beat be appropriate as a daily wearer, assuming servicing every few years?

included is a pic of my faithful 431

20180910_155900.jpg
    cande, Spruce, noelekal and 3 others like this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 24, 2018

Welcome! I would say that your Ultra-Chron would definitely be suitable for daily wear. I happen to like that style of cushion case, and the dial and hands are very nice as well. The only qualification that I would make is that in order to operate optimally, high-beat movements typically require more careful servicing than lower beat movements.

Mephisto likes this.
  3. JohnSteed Sep 24, 2018

Welcome to OF !! And nice UC431 post with photo :thumbsup: Certainly a good daily

Mephisto likes this.
  4. Jerseyhammer Sep 24, 2018

Welcome

Mephisto likes this.
  5. Mephisto Sep 26, 2018

Thanks, everyone! I quite loved the 431 with its mesmerizing tick, but it'll have to go in the drawer for some time while the newbies take all the wrist time...

6. cande Sep 26, 2018

Welcome, check out the Vintage Longines thread and get ready for a moist mouth :)