Forums Latest Members
  1. Barcode Dec 9, 2018

Hello, I recently acquired a couple Omegas from the '70s and decided to join the boards. I am wondering, is it possible to make the clasp section more comfortable? I find it digs into the underside of my wrist all day and I was thinking of adding a piece of cloth to keep the edges of the clasp from touching my skin (near the micro adjustment area). Anyway, what would a first post be without a picture?

IMG_20181209_175148.jpg
  2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 9, 2018

Love to see a head-on close-up of the blue one.
    There are many that put a vinyl applique under the clasp for comfort but there are wayyyyyy more that buy a comfortable strap or bracelet and put the original band in the vault with the box and papers.

40+ years ago, I threw away an 1170 ($5-800) because I hated it so damn much.

Edited Dec 9, 2018
  3. connieseamaster Dec 9, 2018

Nice racing dial. If you've let out the microadjust all the way, thr next thing to do is try to source an adapter ring so you can put on a traditional bracelet or another link for the bracelet

4. Barcode Dec 11, 2018

Thanks UncleBuck for the suggestions.

Sorry if I wasn't clear connieseamaster, the bracelet has plenty of length for my tiny wrists but I just find the rails/edges of the micro-adjustment portion of the clasp is a constant nuisance.