Forums Latest Members
  1. nokaoi1 Apr 18, 2021

Cant decide, but I'm REALLY leaning towards the green. I love how the color shifts from grey to green to black. Anybody lived with the green for awhile have any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 12.02.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 12.03.19 PM.png
    david5807 and Tab like this.
  2. Evitzee Apr 18, 2021

Green is the new 'in' color these days, but long term I'd probably go with the slate dial. Grey/slate never goes out of style.

marco likes this.
  3. 502 to right Apr 18, 2021

I don't understand the popularity of green. Dial colors that go with most clothes: black, gray, white, blue. Goes with very little: green.

That's my opinion anyway.

marco and fc3861 like this.
  4. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 18, 2021

Both are lovely. Green would be my personal choice, but it’s a win-win either way. Good luck! Update us when you’ve pulled the trigger.

5. gnuyork Apr 18, 2021

Green. I wish the green was an option for the 38mm.

6. threehander Apr 18, 2021

That particular shade of green is timeless. Rolex submariner green, much less so.

I'd go green.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  7. AntonisCy Apr 18, 2021

Tried the green one a few days ago and loved it. Patek used the exact same shade of green on their new Nautilus.

8. Omega-Q Apr 18, 2021

Definitely green...it's not an outright green...just the right shade that allows it change based off of lighting! It is tastefully done...

Chubsmaster and Foo2rama like this.
  9. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Apr 18, 2021

Gratuitous Rolex dig. SMH

Nobel Prize likes this.
  10. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Apr 18, 2021

Both are very nice. Having only seen them in the photos above, I'd go with the green.

11. filmluvr88 Apr 18, 2021

I got the green and haven't regretted it one bit. As others said, it's a really beautiful shade of green (almost emerald-like) and definitely changes colors in numerous lighting conditions, hence making it super versatile to dress up or dress down. Since I see you're wearing it on the dark green leather strap in the picture, I'd recommend to see if you can buy it on the bracelet and maybe ask for the strap on the side if you can't get a discount.

richiv likes this.
  12. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Apr 18, 2021

The green is more attractive

13. nokaoi1 Apr 18, 2021

I talked about that with my sales guy and he said both are about the same price...so either way doesn't matter.

Chubsmaster likes this.
  14. Butik Apr 20, 2021

I have the green one and I absolutely adore it. The hue of green is very discreet, and (as you noticed) it turns black / grey in low light condition.

I won't post pics, here below some of my short vids, which show the watch in different lighting conditions:

blufinz52, Wetworks, richiv and 4 others like this.
  15. FlatTop Apr 20, 2021

I like both but prefer the green on this watch, mostly because the blue painted seconds hand on the slate version looks a little cheap to me. I didn’t like the effect much on the recent Seiko SLA043 either. It’s more of a sporty vibe though so I guess it depends what you’re after.

Edited Apr 20, 2021
    Wetworks likes this.
  16. nokaoi1 Apr 21, 2021

Do you tend to like it better on leather or the bracelet?

17. AngelDeVille Apr 21, 2021

I quite like the grey, olive is just not a colour choice I would make very often.

18. Butik Apr 22, 2021

No particular preference, wear it roughly 50/50 on both.

19. Barqy Apr 22, 2021

I went through the same decision making process: blue vs. green dial.

Here was a couple pieces which swayed me against the blue dial you're referring to: i) I find the second hand very distracting (my eye always focuses on that rather than telling the time) and ii) to me, the blue dial looks way larger than the green dial optically in the metal (I've tried it on multiple times).

I purchased the green dial about 2 months ago and have been really enjoying it - full review to come within the next week so look out for that!

The green dial is definitely on the darker side. I'd say it's a mix of 75% olive green and 25% forest green to my eye. That said, it has these moments of slight emerald green in the right sunlight. If you're like me and work in an office environment, it almost always looks super dark olive green (almost grey/black in some cases).

For those that say green doesn't go with a lot of outfits, I would tend to agree in general; however, this green dial Aqua Terra is super versatile in my opinion due to the reason it appears very dark to most, again a dark grey and almost black at times.

Green is also my favourite colour!

IMG_0495.jpg
    richiv, FlatTop, Tab and 3 others like this.
  20. foxtrot Apr 22, 2021

I saw these ones and the blue, was hard to choose, get the blue.

Between the green and slate, seems that this one is more sporty (could look better in the beach or doing sports) and the green seems more dressy.