Forums Latest Members

Great white 2538.20 bezel/insert compatibility?

1. Dbltap Sep 13, 2018

hello all you omega lovers.

I have a great white. I absolutely love it!!! Oddly it is the kind of look that could make me become a “one watch” owner. Well, who am I kidding right?

Anyway, I’m interested in learning more about the bezel and insert compatibility for these watches. I enjoy the with on SS, but I’m the type who looks to change the furniture around often so I feel refreshed in a new home. I have a 5 digit sub that I swap inserts every few months. I’m on the hunt for an orange bezel for my 2500 42mm PO. But I’m always late to the party.

I’m interested in existing colors. Blue,black, two tone, 3rd party, etc. a guy on instagram (ten13th) posted his 50th anniversary with a Parnis coke gmt insert. He said the outer diameter of the insert was perfect, but a touch thicker than the OEM. I pm’ed Him for any modifications that needed to be performed. Haven’t heard back from him yet.

Anyone have any insight? I want to leave the OEM bezel alone and get a 2nd bezel to play with for mods

2. Stgo2019 Sep 15, 2018

This looks awesome!
    (Copied from ten13th, if this is a faux pas, let me know. I’ll delete it.)
    [​IMG]

3. gpssti4 Sep 23, 2018

The Great White is a fantastic watch. I have the black 50th Anniversary edition that I’ve removed the night and day insert from and replaced it with an aftermarket all black one. I bought the insert from eBay for something like $20.

901D7CB3-207C-4574-AE81-6B59C1C28BAA.jpeg
  4. rcs914 Sep 23, 2018

That pretty much makes it look about 1000% better looking to my eyes. Dang.