Great resource with Omega Movement drawings (321, 861, etc.)

Posts
1,555
Likes
6,788
Hi all,

Whilst previously discussed in 2014 (https://omegaforums.net/threads/cool-speedy-info-reference-site.19371/), I just happened to stumble upon the speedywatch.com website after searching Google for Omega Movement drawings.

Turns out this site has many of them. Geeky, interesting and IMHO an absolutely great resource for more detailed Omega movement information. I thought it was worth sharing, so here you go: http://www.speedywatches.com/documents/movements/



Hope this is useful and interesting to others too!

Cheers,
Edited:
 
Posts
200
Likes
291
This website is great, what a wealth of information. Definitely useful when my 321 comes up for service... I really don't want to resort to sending it out to Omega out of fear they'll ruin the "patina," so maybe with info like this my watchmaker can make it happen.

Thanks for sharing!
 
Posts
1,555
Likes
6,788
Hi @Radiozoop

Glad you like it. I think any skilled watchmaker probably knows these movements as they are fairly common, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Still, I thought is an interesting set of drawings for non-watchmaking enthusiasts. 😀
 
Posts
5,076
Likes
15,712
This website is great, what a wealth of information. Definitely useful when my 321 comes up for service... I really don't want to resort to sending it out to Omega out of fear they'll ruin the "patina," so maybe with info like this my watchmaker can make it happen.

Thanks for sharing!
I have some old biology books if your surgeon needs them 😉
 
Posts
1,151
Likes
1,474
Hello all, reviving an old thread. Does a schematic exist showing the other side of a 321 movement with more part numbers? I'm trying to determine exactly where part 321-1758A belongs in a 321 movement. My watchmaker called it a Zero Action Pusher Stem. Here are pics of the part. My movement is a 17mil serial. Thanks in advance.

 
Posts
30,185
Likes
77,928
It’s the pusher stem for zero action. It goes sort of between the movement and the pusher. That version is likely for a Seamaster case, as the Speedmaster versions are a different design.
 
Posts
1,151
Likes
1,474
It’s the pusher stem for zero action. It goes sort of between the movement and the pusher. That version is likely for a Seamaster case, as the Speedmaster versions are a different design.
thank you. Is it a "push to fit" part, or is it held in by another part/screw? In short, if I'm fairly comfortable dabbling with these parts and have the necessary tools, should I give it a try, or is it something a watchmaker needs to handle? Thanks again for your insight.
 
Posts
30,185
Likes
77,928
The slot in the part you see mates with the hour hammer operating lever, so installing this requires that the movement is removed from the case.
 
Posts
1,151
Likes
1,474
It is a loose movement and the part was noticed floating in the plastic case.


 
Posts
30,185
Likes
77,928
This to me would indicate that the movement is from a Seamaster. If you are using it for a Speedmaster, you will need the other design.
 
Posts
1,151
Likes
1,474
This to me would indicate that the movement is from a Seamaster. If you are using it for a Speedmaster, you will need the other design.
Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. As I’ve mentioned, I'm not attempting to install the movement into a seamaster or speedmaster, I'm simply trying to put the loose part back into the loose movement. I thought I might give it a try myself, hence my question.
 
Posts
30,185
Likes
77,928
Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. As I’ve mentioned, I'm not attempting to install the movement into a seamaster or speedmaster, I'm simply trying to put the loose part back into the loose movement. I thought I might give it a try myself, hence my question.
It really only stays in place properly when the whole watch is assembled…