Forums Latest Members
  1. Madjam1966 Oct 7, 2018

This is a great, friendly and relaxed forum. Having been on others where the moderators and/or members are controlling and pompous, this place is a refreshing change.

An example of crazy over-moderation is this one:

https://www.christopherwardforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50598&start=45

Such a shame as it used to be as good and friendly too. I can only assume they are losing face/members is also down to the fact it was outed that the brand owns, funds and runs the forum (which hardly makes it 'independent' which is how it is marketed).

Anyway, well done to folk here and thanks to all for making membership easy, friendly and informative.

Millenary Watches and hugoafonso like this.
  2. mayankyadav Oct 7, 2018

Not reading all 4 pages but let me ask - are you the guy who posted cat videos ? It was best that it was deleted there and I hope auch videos are deleted here as well.
    A guy needing cat videos to lighten his mood can go to youtube!

3. Traveler Oct 7, 2018

There’s a ChristopherWard forum ?!

bloomy, George.A, sjg22 and 6 others like this.
  4. queriver Oct 7, 2018

When members have titles like Senior Forumgod and Senior Guru, not really a surprise the CW forum is a pompous place. :eek:

ext1 and Foo2rama like this.
  5. haqq777 Oct 7, 2018

I don't know the context of said cat videos and have never been on Christopher Ward forum ever, but I am of the opinion that there is nothing wrong in posting something light-hearted as long as it is in the correct section of the forum. For example funny cat videos to share here with fellow members would be absolutely fine (in my view) if it is in the Open Discussion section. Not everything in life should be dull and dreary. A little amusement is good for the soul. Full disclaimer: I have multiple cats. Cheers.

Pun likes this.
  6. Nathan1967 Oct 7, 2018

8 out of 10 cats is a UK Comedy “Quiz” show. It has nothing to do with Cat Videos by the way.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  7. sah Oct 7, 2018

I am extremely grateful to OF. They have guided me from my first vintage Omega repair to my most recent purchases. While I am still a novice, I have been confident in my watches with the solid advice received from this forum.

amiriqbal, ext1, Pun and 2 others like this.
  8. Madjam1966 Oct 7, 2018

No. I'm no longer a member of this forum. It's too full of self importance and an 'administration team'/clique who dislike new members. Very strange place.

9. kov Trüffelschwein. Oct 8, 2018

Sounds familiar ::rimshot::

ddurham, 89-0 and khmt2 like this.
  10. ext1 Oct 8, 2018

I too am very grateful to OF. Other than the daily knowledge gains and good advises I've read, it's also helped me become more comfortable about posting/interacting on the internet too, I used to have an irrational fear/discomfort about that. It's also gotten me into more rabbit holes than I expected too though!

Foo2rama, sah, kov and 1 other person like this.
  11. jimmyd13 Oct 8, 2018

8 out of 10 cats isn't about cats ... it's a comedic panel show based around surveys. The title comes from the old Whiskas cat food commercial that claimed "eight out of ten cats prefer it" .

Nathan1967 likes this.
  12. hugoafonso Oct 8, 2018

Tottaly agree with your words!:thumbsup:

ext1 likes this.
  13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 8, 2018

Do they have a vintage section yet ?

Traveler, Nathan1967 and rob#1 like this.
  14. kkt Oct 9, 2018

I don't mind limited amount of off-topic amusements but the people who provide this forum pay the bills because they want a watch forum. Cat videos are a potentially endless source of bandwidth and additional cost that has nothing to do with watches. Limited numbers of off-topics still photos, fine. Potentially endless quantities of videos, I'd say not. I am not the caretaker of a cat now, but I have been in the past. And I am not a moderator or owner of this forum, so my opinion is just that of another forum user.

15. haqq777 Oct 9, 2018

Videos hosted by third party (Youtube, Vimeo etc) and not embedded in posts do not take up bandwidth and certainly do not cost extra. Also, by the same token, there are various other similarly arbitrary topics we can pick as well that have nothing to do with watches and yet are allowed on the forum albeit in a designated section (e.g what did you eat, what are are you drinking, trip pictures etc). I see the forum as a helpful, friendly community that transcends watch discussions - even though you are right; it is a watch forum at the end of the day. Certainly respect your opinion on the matter.

Foo2rama likes this.
  16. kkt Oct 9, 2018

Third party hosting of images, videos, etc., is ephemeral. Countless valuable websites are now useless because the images, videos, etc., were hosted by third parties who have changed their service terms or gone away completely, and often we can not tell by the surviving post what point the image or video would have been making. I'm very thankful that the owners of this forum have made it so easy to embed images and videos here so that the archival value of the posts will survive the next time Photobucket changes their terms of service.

But cat videos, really? Youtube is your friend. Unless there are cats with watches videos, why look here?

17. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 9, 2018

Love the Panda eating popcorn GIF ..

haqq777 likes this.
  18. haqq777 Oct 9, 2018

[​IMG]
    lol, I'm with you. Anything with Pandas is awesome! :thumbsup:

19. haqq777 Oct 9, 2018

You did not hit reply to me so I am assuming your post is aimed at me. Anyway, try Imgur next time for pictures and Youtube for videos. Haven't failed me since 2009.
    Believe it or not, some of us really don't have the time nor the inclination to actually sit down and search for cat videos on YouTube. Personally, I have a limited amount of time that I have after work, family and life in general. So when I come over to the forum, I really don't mind if there is something amusing or funny - even if unrelated to watches. It lightens me up which is how healthy online communities and social interactions are supposed to work. I am very grateful to members here at OF who I have found to have great sense of humor as well as very civil and knowledgeable. In the same light, forums are meant for exchanging and sharing ideas and discussion. Why do you think there is a General Discussions section and this Open Discussion thread here?

20. Millenary Watches Nov 13, 2018

Can do nothing but agree!:)Well done and thank you!