Forums Latest Members
  1. mgmarsh39 Oct 10, 2018

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to share my experience with Texas Watch Company here in the Dallas Fort Worth area. I had reached out to @Archer for help with my crystal replacement, and a service on my newly aquired Seamaster 2964. He pointed me to https://www.awci.com/ (American Watchmakers-Clockmakers institute), upon which I found Texas Watch Company. Thanks again Archer!

They are located in Euless Texas, and have kind of a small shop in a no-name strip mall. Upon arrival I met Johnson who was very friendly and happy to see my little Seamaster needed some love. He walked me through their service process, and introduced me to his Master Watch Maker Carlos. You could tell right off the passion they both had for horology, and were very complimentary of what I had brought in.

I mentioned I wanted a replacement Crystal, and asked if they could get me an original Omega. Johnson did some searching online (I had also provided him the part# that Archer gave me), and sure enough was able to special order it. Didn't even up-charge me!

All-in-all I couldn't be happier. Johnson even took special care to preserve the "patina" and added lume back to the hands which matches the rest of the dial.

Not sure if it's kosher to link their site, so feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to share their information.

Oh and here are the gratuitous pics of my freshened up Seamaster! It's not for everyone but I just love the look of this rusty dial.

IMG_0173.jpg IMG_0175.jpg IMG_0176.jpg IMG_0184.jpg
    alam, Om3ga321, davidswiss and 8 others like this.
  2. justinz Oct 10, 2018

Thanks for sharing. It’s a nice patina in my opinion

mgmarsh39 likes this.
  3. Mark D. Stroyer Oct 11, 2018

I may need to look into them, then...

Watch looks great.

mgmarsh39 likes this.
  4. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Oct 12, 2018

Really nice and interesting patina, contrasts nicely to the pristine batons. Congrats.

mgmarsh39 likes this.
  5. mgmarsh39 Oct 12, 2018

Thanks all! Been dailying this little seamaster since I picked it back up. Runs like a champ, loses about 5 or so seconds a day.

Mark if you’d like their info shoot me a PM.

6. davidswiss Oct 12, 2018

Case looks very nice to me and interesting dial.

mgmarsh39 likes this.
  7. Om3ga321 Oct 12, 2018

I like how you matched the strap with the dial.Looks really cool.

Vitezi and mgmarsh39 like this.
  8. Mark D. Stroyer Oct 12, 2018

By the power of Google, I have the power!

But appreciated.

mgmarsh39 likes this.
  9. mgmarsh39 Oct 12, 2018

Thanks very much! I was looking for a grey tone, picked this one up from Colareb.it. Good quality and very affordable.

:) np sir!