Great documentary about mechanical clockworks and automatons...

I was this great documentary a few years ago on the BBC about the history of mechanical clockworks and just managed to find it on Youtube: (
)

I regularly walk past Big Ben and St Paul's and although take notice of the clocks, never thought about it as a central piece of authoritative time keeping for people to set their watches against!

Great viewing for anyone interested!

It might only be viewable in the UK, from Australia it shows as being unavailable

It might only be viewable in the UK, from Australia it shows as being unavailable

Works here in Canada...

Works here in Canada...
Ah… maybe they just don’t like Aussies

You guys keep talking too much about getting rid of the monarchy, I guess. 😉

Try searching on your local browser and see if it pops on another streaming site
The documentary is called: Mechanical Marvels: Clockwork Dreams presented by Professor Simon Schaffer.

Don't work her in NZ either. The publishers are obviously Hemi-xenophobes.

I was this great documentary a few years ago on the BBC about the history of mechanical clockworks and just managed to find it on Youtube: ...

I regularly walk past Big Ben and St Paul's and although take notice of the clocks, never thought about it as a central piece of authoritative time keeping for people to set their watches against!

Great viewing for anyone interested!

I downloaded this years ago. One of the best documentries on the subject.

IMG_0427.jpg

Some time I should get back to working in mine.

That is what started me on this whole watch thing. I also got deep into the birds. Sometimes I think the days are simply not long enough. This week has been getting the garden ready for planting.

I downloaded this years ago. One of the best documentries on the subject.

IMG_0427.jpg

Some time I should get back to working in mine.

That is what started me on this whole watch thing. I also got deep into the birds. Sometimes I think the days are simply not long enough. This week has been getting the garden ready for planting.

That's impressive- Certainly does take a lot a time and patience from what little I know! There's never enough hours in the day! Which is why I'm always clock-watching 😁

Are we looking forward to the Ashes? ::stirthepot::😗😁