Forums Latest Members
  1. West Slope Aug 1, 2016

No really.....finally got photos from my dad of my grandfather's watch, should have it soon. Even has the red box......yeah it's a quartz but I am pretty excited. Face has some issues but I will probably just get it serviced and leave it alone unless I can find an nos dial somewhere.

Any comments/additional info appreciated. 65069.jpeg 65075.jpeg

ahartfie likes this.
  2. West Slope Aug 2, 2016

Bueller?

3. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Aug 2, 2016

I know nothing about this reference but I envy anybody that owns a watch from their grandfather or father. I'd keep the original dial and wear it with pride.

Tritium, GregH and West Slope like this.
  4. Finrod Felagund Aug 2, 2016

That's why I offered a watch to my father :D ::stirthepot::

5. West Slope Aug 3, 2016

Still looking for info on the Omega site to narrow down which year/model this particular watch is but having some trouble identifying it.

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 3, 2016

Looks sharp. Can you get the case back off, or rather, get it to someone who can do that safely? Inside will tell you more than outside.

7. West Slope Aug 3, 2016

Don't have it yet but I don't think it will be that hard I have the proper tools.

8. Canuck Aug 4, 2016

Your Omega looks to me to be earlier than a Swatch Omega. I have two Omegas that I believe to be of the vintage of yours. One mechanical which would pass as a fraternal (not identical) twin of yours, and an Omega Seamaster quartz. Both of these watches (and yours) I believe to be early 1970s. But a look at what is inside the case may prove me wrong.

West Slope likes this.