Forums Latest Members
  1. FrankenBerry Sep 6, 2018

So all in all I would like a little help trying to identify or narrow done the year of a watch. But the back story is funny in my opinion.

Several weeks ago I was at my grandparents house and my grandmother had something in her pocket that she told my daughter was very valuable and was for me. When I was leaving she gave it to me. It was a 25th anniversary disney world watch still in the box that she said was worth a lot of money. I looked it up and it was worth under 50 dollars because it one of those 'collectables' that was mass produced.

The next week I'm there and she wants me to look at some stuff that are going to donate to the VFW to see if I wanted anything. I pulled out 3 old watches that didn't sell at their previous yard sales, cause I thought who knows. Looked online and it said of course Rolex is good but also omega and I was sure one said omega.
    Sure enough it did. Turns out it was my grandfather's brother's watch and he lived in england in the 60s and 70s and that's where he got it. I just love how they have me one 'valuable' watch that is mass produced and were going to give away another that no one bought for a dollar at their yard sale that is potentially worth a lot more.

So here's a pic. No numbers or words on the back of the watch. Band has been replaced with one that says made in Japan and then fidelity on the back of each of the links. Any help is appreciated^^

watch.jpg
    Nathan1967 and Dan S like this.
  2. ConElPueblo Sep 6, 2018

Very nice Seamaster!

It's probably an early fifties (pre-1953/4 due to the logo) reference 2576. The dial looks to be in great condition and that's where the value's at, so to speak - if you were going to restore one of these, you'd be hard pressed to find a replacement. The crown is unoriginal and the bracelet too, naturally. How about some photos in daylight? :)

tamura, Biezmez, MCC and 4 others like this.
  3. Shabbaz Sep 6, 2018

I think you're right! Looks the same!

20170916_163031.jpg 20170917_101606.jpg
    Nathan1967 likes this.
  4. Dan S Sep 6, 2018

Nice one. :thumbsup:

Nathan1967 likes this.