Forums Latest Members
  1. Hugo88 Aug 3, 2014

After my grandfather passed away in 2000, my grandmother gave me his watch. I never paid much attention to it, until recently.

This watch is, I believe, a Omega Seamaster. It was given to my grandfather by the company he worked for as an engineer (Dutch State Mines) in 1962, for his silver (25 years) jubilee.

Attached are a few quick foto's I took with my Iphone. If anyone of you could provide me with more information regarding exact type, make, year of manufacture, state, value etc. I would be very grateful. Although the watch runs perfectly, I'm thinking of getting it serviced soon.

Kind regards,

Hugo - The Netherlands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brench Aug 4, 2014

water damage?

I think the experts can easily tell.

3. Dr.Sascha Aug 4, 2014

It looks like a mid-to late-50s case and dial. The screw-back (which looks polished) would put it on the later end. You'll need to open it up (you can order a watch-opener on eBay or take it to your local jeweller) and post pics of the movement serial # and serial # on the inside of the case-back to tell more. My guess would be 1958 case, 500 cal movement. Nice that it's running so well, and a shame about the damage to the dial. Still a fine watch--the company must have valued your grandfather highly!

4. Dablitzer Aug 4, 2014

Nice thing to remember your Grandfather by..

Would say it's a bumper movement, Cal 354, 2577 case? Possibly...1950's..

Get the watch serviced and clean crytsal and it will be improved,

Best,

Dab.