Forums Latest Members
  1. andremae Mar 22, 2016

Good evening, my name is Andrea and I'm an Italian guy. Excuse me for my bad English!
    Today, my grandmother gave me this watch belonged to my grandfather.
    Someone can give me information on the model? On the back there is no number that indicates the reference.

Thanks for your help! _DSC5190.JPG _DSC5188.JPG _DSC5189.JPG

Jones in LA likes this.
  2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Mar 22, 2016

First of all, a disclaimer: I am not anywhere close to being expert on vintage Omega watches. What I am about to tell you is based on my having consulted some basic reference guides.

The serial number dates the watch to the mid- to late-1940s. The overall design is common for that period. The movement may be a Calibre. 30 T2, which was also commonly used at that time for watches of this design. The case may be 18k gold but that's not certain from the photos.

Hopefully some real experts will chime in soon with their assessment. But I can tell you for sure that it's a pretty watch and you should be glad to have been given it!

noelekal likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 22, 2016

It looks OK to me except for the second hand, it has been replaced at some time.

The case may be one made in another country by a local case manufacturer which was often done because of import taxes on gold etc. The Omega movement would be imported from Switzerland and cased by an agent or local maker.

Your serial number dates the watch to around 1947 to 1950 and the caliber number is on the main plate below the balance wheel, maybe a 28 series, although the 15 jewel count may not match that caliber.

noelekal and Jones in LA like this.
  4. andremae Mar 23, 2016

Thanks, I wrote on a Italian watches forum and I have confirmed that probabilemnte case was originally steel and the second hand is not original