Forums Latest Members

SOLD Grand Seiko 6156-8000 Hi-Beat Special with Kanji/English Day

1. bigsom Jan 6, 2018

All original Japanese domestic market 61GS in completely untouched condition. Serial dates the watch to August 1970. Most that you see around have been polished and the edges of the case softened (really a shame because the edges of this case are a huge part of the attraction). I've tried to exaggerate the small scratches and case edges in the photos with direct light so you can see the case condition. The case measures a very wearable 36 x 41 mm. Lug width is a convenient 18mm.

The dial is completely original, untouched and in excellent condition with subtle silvered texture. The baton markers and hands are elegant and finished beautifully.

Movement is the famous 6156 hi-beat 36,000 VPH and is running about +4 s/day dial up. The movement features hacking, quick set day wheel (Kanji and English), quick set date, and manual winding. The rotor is audible as is common with this caliber and the service history is unknown. I have worn it just a few times in the past 2 years and I would recommend a service if you were going to wear it regularly.

The screw-in case back shows a strong gold GS medallion (often lost on these watches from wear) with sharp markings and visible SUWA marking. The crown is original and sharp.

I'm asking 1175 USD shipped in the USA. International shipping would be at cost. Please note that the sale is for the watch head only, the strap is just used for effect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bigsom Jan 7, 2018

Sold! Thank you to the buyer and omegaforums for the platform.

fergusm, Ryguy008 and George.A like this.
  3. MikeMan2727 Jan 7, 2018

That was quick -- Great watch!

bigsom likes this.