Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 3, 2012

This is an interesting one in that its one of the few recent Constellation Grand Luxe full brick bracelet watches that has run full duration on eBay to determine market value. Being a dome dial in yellow gold makes it less desirable to me at least than the Pie-Pan dials and rose gold models but the final price of ~$6,200 USD (which didn't meet reserve) made it an interesting benchmark of current market value and interest on one of these watches. This model is a Ref 14399 with Cal 551 which Desmond mentioned makes it a less common piece due to the small number of 551 GLs made.

Personally I'm looking for a bumper or full rotor stepped Pie-Pan in RG with a 7.5 inch or more bracelet so if you see one, give me a PM (and yea I've seen the one on chrono24, its overpriced) ;)

188i.jpg 188h.jpg 188g.jpg 188f.jpg 188e.jpg 188d.jpg 188c.jpg 188b.jpg 188a.jpg 188.jpg

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 5, 2012

IMO, the reason this didn't make the minimum is that someone polished the hell out of it. A nicer example would have brought a lot more.
    gatorcpa

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 5, 2012

Only just looked at it now. The observatory must be in the middle of a big city - you know that there must be stars there, you just can't quite see them!

Trev likes this.
  4. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 5, 2012

Respectable Member CanberraOmega

It was going to thunderstorm and the rain clouds were above. As a result of which, no stars were sighted in the sky. Maybe, after the downpour the stars will appear, once again. Carry-on-Waiting.

Thank-you.

5. Gerhard Feb 16, 2013

And still you would like to have it - or is it just to make a better picture of it - where I am not good at.