Forums Latest Members

Gran Turismo Sport and Tag Heuer

1. Koen Oct 19, 2017

So did anyone bought GT Sport yesterday?

To my surprise there is a whole section dedicated to (Tag) Heuer, a lot of background info and history going back to the 1860 with Edouard Heuer.

I haven't had the time to check it out proper, had some racing to do;)

VxbPhcw - Imgur.jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 19, 2017

Yeap I've been playing a fair bit, TAG Heuer's the only watch livery option too and the timing is all TH branded in game, not a bad move for them at all given they're selling the TAG Connected and want to reach young potential watch buyers.

I'm loving the game so far and really wish I had the funds for the Thrustmaster T-GT wheel but spent it all on my Speedytuesday

3. RJwatches Oct 19, 2017

Single player too? I was afraid the game would be too much online minded, which bores me fairly quickly

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 19, 2017

Single player is much the same as previous GT's, license test etc but the sector by sector missions on all the tracks are actually pretty fun and let you sort of hone your skills on specific corners like last night I spent a fair bit on the esses and 130R at Suzuka, the later being extremely hard to get right as a tiny bit too much braking and you compromise your time all the way down to the chicane but not enough and you go flying right off.

So far that's my favourite feature, being able to work on my weaknesses on specific corners and tracks and improve.

RJwatches likes this.
  5. abrod520 Oct 19, 2017

I stopped playing Gran Turismo after 4 bored me to death (and now just have an Xbox / play Forza) but the thing I miss most is the license tests etc.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 19, 2017

Forza7... here. And still rocking Forza5

7. abrod520 Oct 19, 2017

Yeah, I just opened that up last weekend. Seems all right, Forza 6 was just OK. Unfortunately seems like I'm gonna need to buy a wheel since the controls are just getting to be too fine-tuned for a regular Xbox controller. Problem is, if I buy a wheel, I'll need a chair since my coffee table is too low to put a wheel on / pedals under. I'm more of a casual gamer, so the total $600-700 for that kind of setup - not to mention the space it'll take up - is just a bit much for me.
    Accordingly, I far prefer the Forza Horizon titles at this point. Those games are fun as f--k

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 19, 2017

Lol exactly. 5 felt fine with a controller and I played competitively in online leagues with one and still hold a few top 10 times in 3,4, and 5. I skipped 6 but 7 was really the first time I started to feel hampered by the controller. I think it's due to an opposite lock flick being slower and not as corrective. While supposedly the same physics engine rear engined cars have a lot more oversteer under trail breaking and I have a harder time correcting the rear stepping out on corner exit, or if I enter a bit hot. I tested a tune from 5 which was fairly stable in 7, and the feel of the polar inertia on rear engines cars is more pronounced. I also notice 50/50 weight balanced Front engined AWD rally cars feel the same but it's harder to correct and control turn exit correction under power.

TLDR: 7 wants a wheel to be competitive for 2 reasons.

I looked into wheels and I agree they have gotten stupidly expensive and you need the chair to really make them work right.

9. abrod520 Oct 19, 2017

Dude I have noticed this in particular, and it bums me out.

Something that also bugs me is that you're always locked into 12th position at the start, and while the demo had rolling starts you're still stuck trying to figure out the proper launch RPM without a tachometer, and the computer cars all have perfect launches b/c built-in traction control. It ends up being mostly bumper cars as the top 3 cars are super fast and the rest between you & them dawdle in the corners and hog the line.

Maybe only a problem offline, but I just don't have time for online gaming really

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 19, 2017

That start thing is annoying too. I have to change AI difficulty based on race length and how narrow the track is just so I can get the win some tracks it's impossible to pass 12 Cars cleanly in the race length. Plus I have to make a lot of forced passes with contact in turns as the AI seems less aware of traffic, maybe this will clean up as drivatar profiles get more filled out.

11. abrod520 Oct 19, 2017

The drivatar thing is BS, they all drive the same from game to game. Every now and then the designers will make an improvement in certain turns, but it's all the same.

Agree about the passing - it's only gotten worse as they've added more competitors. First couple games it was 8 cars and you started 6th, and you could pass 5 cars cleanly feeling like you were actually racing. Then in Forza 4 or 5, they expanded to 12 cars, starting you 8th which was difficult but doable on longer races. Now that they've expanded the fields to 24 cars and force you to start each race in 12th, it's just bumper cars all the way. Sure, it's just computer cars you're knocking out of your way, but still isn't the racing experience I want.

Between that BS and the fact that any serious racing game should feature qualifying (Gran Turismo has had it since at least GT3) I think this will be my last Forza Motorsport game until that's added. I'm not enjoying starting in P12 and having to deal with backmarker AI for most of the race

12. Koen Oct 20, 2017

I don’t quite get why a lot of people were negative about it pre launch, it’s mostly in line with previous edition but with enhanced multiplayer and new features.

Now let’s hope MP lives longer than previous edition.

Those playseats are something else, but a bit to much for casual gaming and a bit expensive when you get the full monty. For now my Cassina wink with controller will do:D
    560CF068-D64D-47F7-AE00-D62C7EE681D5.jpeg

Ziggo/Red Bull has as a sponsorship deal 10 playseats with game pcs set up in the city centre, you can use them for free