Forums Latest Members
  1. KingTriton32 Dec 12, 2016

I am going to graduate with my Masters in about a year, and I am considering purchasing a watch to commemorate my achievement. I would like to have the Georgetown University insignia on the dial of the watch, however, the only watches I have seen with this are Tag Heuer, and most options are quartz- In other words, they simply won't do. I'm trying to get a purchase nailed down now, so my budget for a new watch can vary with the expense of my decision.

The point: Do any of you know how to get a watch customized in this way? I have been kicking around the idea of a dress watch (along the lines of the new De Ville collection), as I already have a 2014 Seamaster Chrono (44MM).

drhex and ulackfocus like this.
  2. ulackfocus Dec 12, 2016

Excellent! Just don't sell TAG short - they make a decent watch.

I don't know if I'd go full on dress watch and get a Bulldog plastered on the dial. Norm / @X350 XJR may disagree with me though. :p I think a sports watch you could wear to games and do other alumnus activities with might be more suitable, but that's just my opinion.

Jwit and KingTriton32 like this.
  3. KingTriton32 Dec 12, 2016

Haha, I didn't plan on getting a bulldog or the "G" logo, but the insignia with the word "georgetown" under it. However, I can see where you may think that, so for reference, the photo below is the insignia:

[​IMG]

4. chunkythebulldog Dec 12, 2016

5. ulackfocus Dec 12, 2016

Dude, good call. :thumbsup: I second that motion, whether you buy it from this member or new. Reversos can dress up or down depending on the strap.

Jwit, yinzerniner, Larry S and 2 others like this.
  6. KingTriton32 Dec 12, 2016

Really Love that idea, and it hadn't crossed my mind at all!

7. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Dec 12, 2016

8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 12, 2016

I'm glad everyone nominates JLC .... This is their specialty and a perfect graduation watch!

bigdubnick likes this.
  9. KingTriton32 Dec 12, 2016

Taddyangle likes this.
  10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 12, 2016

Does JLC do the engraving? Or is your best bet a gun engraver?

Jwit likes this.
  11. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 12, 2016

JLC does the engraving.

12. ryanpatrick Dec 12, 2016

I'll echo the others here and steer you towards the Reverso. Congrats on your masters. Which program are you enrolled in? Several of my good friends attended MSB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingTriton32 likes this.
  13. KingTriton32 Dec 13, 2016

Thanks! -Real Estate Development.

14. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 13, 2016

Nice, you could grow up to be president. ;)

A JLC is a great option for engraving. You should definitely try one on first though to be sure it suits.

Reverso references are an iconic iconic design, but for many, not a joy to wear. I am in that camp, btw.

15. musicamega Dec 14, 2016

Why are they not a joy to wear? I'm also getting my masters this coming spring, and am between a Reverso and a Speedy, to celebrate my achievement.

16. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 14, 2016

I love the style and execution, I just don't find them as attractive on my wrist. That's just me though.

My advice was simply to try one on (and that applies to any watch, btw) before you commit that it is the one you're going to get engraved and keep forever.

17. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 14, 2016

18. KingTriton32 Dec 14, 2016

Haha, some real estate developers do these days I guess...

Unfortunately, I am slightly concerned I may be similar to you on the Reverso. I am a big wristed guy, and square watches have never really been my favorite. However, since the customization potential is appealing, I am going to run and kick the tires on one at the local jeweler.

Since the Reverso is an obvious choice for this type of occasion, we have had a relative consensus on this thread. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Edited Dec 14, 2016
  19. KingTriton32 Dec 14, 2016

I have some personal reasons as to why I am not a Tag Heuer fan. I know a few guys that have them. It's one of those deals, similar to naming a child and thinking of others you know with the name you are thinking about. The second I see a Tag, those guys come to mind.

I'm sure they're great watches, but they just aren't in the cards for me. It is actually this watch on this website that gave me the idea, however.

20. ConElPueblo Dec 14, 2016

The reason that the Reverso isn't for everyone isn't that it isn't aesthetically pleasing, but that the shape of the case can feel akward for some. It does for me, it simply doesn't feel very good to wear. Love the looks :(

KingTriton32 likes this.