Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 12, 2011

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/...s-best-mens-bi-metal-steel-strap-watch-guide/

Damn GQ... TT is not back, unless you're Italian or have grey hair... and recommending some of the lamest watches on the market, Rado, Raymond Weil, and TAG. The Omega and Zenith are at least passable but really I'm not a fan of that particular Corum in the slightest, or the Chopard for that matter.

Buy gold or buy steel, please don't get stuck halfway (just my 2c).

2. ulackfocus Nov 12, 2011

I kinda like the Chopard, and that Zenith with a chocolate dial is very cool. The Omega AT line is excellent looking no matter what metal it's in. I'll pass on the rest, especially the TT BoR style bracelets that alternate metals on each row. It has to be a pretty good design for me to like TT.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 12, 2011

The problem I've always had with Chopard is that my mother loves them. I can't buy a watch made by a company my mother adores, it simply isn't right. Same goes for Cartier, and for that matter I've always found that in both cases many men wearing them, received them as gifts from their wives.

There's a gentleman I know who is married to a woman that wears a Cartier Tank, and he wears this very feminine looking Cartier Pasha Seatimer, and whenever I see him, I just smile knowing that he'd probably rather be rocking a Breitling, Rolex, Omega, or ANYTHING but the Cartier his wife bought him to match hers.

4. ulackfocus Nov 12, 2011

Oh, I think there's a Chopard or two I could put up with.

[​IMG]

Lovewatches2 likes this.
  5. Steve Nov 12, 2011

I have a friend exactly the same he wears a Cartier panthere.

Whenever i see it i always ask ''why are you wearing your girlfriends watch again'' ? :D

He classes it as 'unisex'.....how lame is that !!!:p

I've always thought of Raymond Weil as 'tat'.

The stuff you bought off a plane along side perfume and a blow up inflatable toy of the aroplane !.

Saying that I know they do have some expensive watches in there range, but those watches they have in in flight magazines just cheapens the brand. IMO

6. ulackfocus Nov 12, 2011

Some dress watches aren't very masculine. They're not designed to be. I'm not much for the Panthere, but I'd take a Tank of most any kind. I'd also love to have some poor random putz call me feminine based solely on the watch I'm wearing. :D

7. Steve Nov 12, 2011

:D:D:D...Man, did they ever get to finish that game ????

8. ulackfocus Nov 12, 2011

Some dress watches aren't very masculine. They're not designed to be. I'm not much for the Panthere, but I'd take a Tank of most any kind. I'd also love to have some poor random putz call me feminine based solely on the watch I'm wearing. :D

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 12, 2011

Problem with the Pasha Seatimer is that it pretends to be a sports watch, and he wears it with board shorts like a sports watch. You can't just chuck a heavy bracelet and a bezel on a Cartier and throw it in to the ring with Submariners, Seamasters and Planet Oceans without it looking lame. As a dress watch its hopeless as well, due to its bracelet and bezel.
    [​IMG]