Forums Latest Members
  1. jzzmusician Aug 20, 2015

Over the past year or so I've rediscovered watches. I've also discovered that most of the really, really cool ones are, for me, unobtainable. I'm just a normal human and 20 or 30 thousand dollar watches are not just beyond my means, they're completely out of the galaxy.

Some time ago while spending yet another two or three hours cruising Ebay I found an Omega Constellation. Kind of old, quartz and kind of inexpensive. I plonked down my 200 dollars and bought it. Love it.

Then I read about vintage Seamasters. Found a mid 60's restored Seamaster Deville, plonked down another 600 bucks and bought. Love it even more. Like a lot more.

Then I found the Aqua Terras. Damn. White dial with blue hands. I was moderately consumed. I also began to learn of fakes, Frankensteins and complete rip offs.

I wanted one. Bad. My attraction to the beauty of engineering a mechanical grew almost daily. But even though I found a few on Ebay I was afraid to bid due to too many unknown factors, not the least of which is my limited knowledge of how to spot a bad vs a good example.

I found this forum a couple of months ago. I patiently waited. And waited for an Aqua Terra. Then this guy whose name I can't pronounce posted one for sale. His name is Kryluzh. I bought the watch, had the bracelet resized and couldn't be happier. My ultra cool vintage Seamaster is now resting. Somewhere.

Please don't temp me with the Master 8500 movement. I've been married for 28 years and would like to make it to 29.

Thanks to all of you for your informative posts and the friendly tone of this forum.

-- Bob

2. jzzmusician Aug 20, 2015

I apologize for the double post. I tried to edit and ended up posting again.