Forums Latest Members

Got these little fella's back today.

1. morningtundra Sep 11, 2020

IMG_7272.jpg
    Tanner Morehouse did a nice job on these three. Stripped down, cleaned and now running great. The big guy on the right had two of the lug prongs repaired too. If you haven't come across Tanner, you should look him up. He's a young guy with an interesting story. And chronographs are his specialty.

yala, rkot07, noelekal and 17 others like this.
  2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Sep 11, 2020

Gorgeous! Making boiled eggs will be a very classy affair while wearing these

Scooterino36 and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  3. SkunkPrince Sep 11, 2020

I found a more plausible story!

At least in the US, when you made a phone call, you paid your nickel for three minutes. If you went over three minutes, you had to add money or disconnect.

That's why there are longer lines at 3, 6, and 9.

klugt1990, DaveK and Dan S like this.
  4. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Sep 11, 2020

Ah, so these are the phone booth chronos?! Quick, call them the superman watches before Hodinkee gets the credit ;)

OP, respect, those are sweet pieces

5. morningtundra Sep 11, 2020

While not of the caliber of those in that other envy-inducing thread... they're fun to wear. Though I have to admit, they're smaller than most photos would have you believe. That triple calendar, despite being "jumbo" is almost impossible to read beyond the hour and mins. You need to pull out your loupe to check the day of the week. And if you really need to know the phase of the moon, you're going to need a microscope. But I'm sure you'll have one of those in your pocket when wondering if the tides about to turn...

DaveK likes this.
  6. Chaz Goldenrod Sep 11, 2020

Lovely gold UG trio! I can also vouch for Tanner. He does beautiful case work. He helped me with this SM300 custom exhibition case back project a while back:
    2020-09-11_18-12-29.jpg

DaveK likes this.
  7. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 11, 2020

They are called "Telephony Indices" as I recall.

DaveK and SkunkPrince like this.
  8. bgrisso Sep 11, 2020

very nice trio. I especially like the Tri out of the bunch. If the Compax were mine, I would get the H/M hands relumed appropriately

morningtundra likes this.