Forums Latest Members
  1. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member May 19, 2018

Hi all

No not that Snoopy !!!

But an Apollo era Snoopy Award Pin....with TLS signed “John Young,” one page, 8 x 10.5, NASA letterhead, April 15, 1971. Letter to Ronald Repplinger, in part: "This is to offer my congratulations and appreciation to you for your contributions to the Apollo Program, and especially for your outstanding supervision of the Quality Assurance Program at Eagle-Picher. Certainly no one is more sensitive to requirements for quality workmanship on the Apollo manned lunar program than we who are responsible for flight testing the vehicles…In recognition of your contribution to Apollo, we would like you to have and to wear the astronauts' personal award for professional excellence, the 'Silver Snoopy.'" Includes the sterling 'Silver Snoopy' pin, which has the lowercase "r" Robbins hallmark and United Features Syndicate copyright text on the reverse. In very good condition, with light toning over much of the letter, and a vertical crease to the far right edge.

Just wanted to share.....

Good Hunting

Bill

snoopy.jpg back.jpg

2. Waltesefalcon May 19, 2018

Very cool find I think I'd wear it every time I put on a tie. It says Sterling on the back but it looks like it has plating wearing off along the edge, is that just the photo?

3. BatDad May 19, 2018

Now that's cool!

4. merchandiser May 19, 2018

Too cool Bill, very nice!

5. omegaswisst May 20, 2018

Fantastic piece!

How on earth does one come by something like that?

Congratulations :thumbsup:

6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! May 20, 2018

That’s awesome

7. Gurn May 20, 2018

Yeah, super cool!

8. stefman May 20, 2018

That’s a Snoopy I wouldn’t mind having too! Congrats!