Forums Latest Members

Got my first omega :) versus rolex daytona

1. Jess007 Oct 2, 2016

I've started following this forum after seeing the ck2998 le. Fell in love right away and I tried to buy the watch from the boutiques in the UK,US and Canada. Still can't believe there is only 1 boutique in Canada, Omega has to do something about that. So they all told me that its sold out. Then Jomashop had it on sale for $4680 which I placed an order for back in June and just a few days ago, they told me that they are not able to get the watch after all.

Since I'm currently in India, I tried to get it with the boutique and got lucky. Although customer service seems to be lacking here, I still have not received the watch box! It has been a few weeks with no luck, I'm really disappointed with the service as I'm dealing with a boutique after all.

After getting the new watch, I had to take it to the local AD and take some photos to compare it with other watches I was considering.

Here are the pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and we checked out the new Cartier.
    [​IMG]

now for the poorly taken video and my fav youtube music addon :)

Edited Oct 2, 2016
  2. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Oct 2, 2016

Damn that's a nice sized rock on your finger. Hopefully I can get my gf's left are looking like that (watches included)

Congrats on the new acquisition and best of luck with the customer service predicaments!

Edited Oct 2, 2016
    Jess007 likes this.
  3. w.finkenstaedt Oct 2, 2016

Congrats on CK! Sorry to say, but I could have told you that about Joma, they're well know for stunts like that. Especially on LEs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. omegasaso12 Oct 2, 2016

Daytona for me.... so I need to go to India to pick it....

LawBrk likes this.
  5. Jess007 Oct 2, 2016

The real reason for this thread is to post the pics but then I started typing lol.
    I was excited to see the daytona vs the ck2998 le in person. The omega has a nice silvery dial vs the bright white dial of the daytona. The pics do not reflect how the two watches truly look in person unfortunately. My wife and the sales guy both preferred the omega but I wish the omega came with a bracelet to make it more of an even match.

6. w.finkenstaedt Oct 2, 2016

The Omega will fit on the Speedmaster Racing bracelet ref# 020ST1565976, or the vintage 1125 bracelet. I highly recommend the Racing bracelet though, as the vintage bracelet is very flimsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MIDASCHEN Oct 2, 2016

I'm surprised how large it wears next to both Sub and GMT II which technically are same size. This guy really grew on me and if it wasn't for the non-hacking movement I'd seriously start considering to chase one.

8. Fordex Oct 2, 2016

I would go with the gmt!

9. ck1109 Oct 2, 2016

I think it could just be the camera making the dial look larger than it is. The CK does have longer lugs but it does wear smaller than the BLNR. I sold the BLNR because it was too "maxi" for my tastes.

10. Ree Oct 2, 2016

The Daytona's dial looks so crowded compared to the sleek CK2998 :)

11. LawBrk Oct 2, 2016

Thanks for the photos, I have been debating chasing a CK or waiting for the DaytonaC and now that I can see them together....well I still don't know but I like the BLNR too!

12. ATWG Oct 2, 2016

That Daytona is something else, sorry....

13. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 2, 2016

I just got cured of my Datona lust. To big and too busy.

14. meganfox17 Oct 2, 2016

[​IMG][​IMG]

Darlinboy likes this.
  15. Jess007 Oct 2, 2016

Ive never had one of my pics photoshoped before lol

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well then a video is worth a bit more i suppose. The phone did not capture the true color of both watches but just thought Id add it on for your viewing pleasure.

meganfox17 likes this.
  16. Jess007 Oct 2, 2016

I personally love the omega bracelet 1145 i think, the one that looks like the rolex president bracelet. I'm almost contemplating getting an aftermarket rolex jubilee or president bracelet as I like the polished center links but i'm not sure if it will cheapen the overall look of the watch..
    with the new speedmaster bracelet, I need to see it in person and see if i like it, in pics it doesn't grab me all that much unfortunately.

17. demollo Oct 3, 2016

One of the guys here has a CK with the 1145 bracelet. It looks really good in my opinion. If the lugs were brushed it would look awesome. Maybe @red1108nyc will like to share a photo with the bracelet here as well :)

18. emilio Oct 3, 2016

In India you could just walk into a store and buy a new ceramic daytona?

19. Jess007 Oct 3, 2016

with the 1145 bracelet, I wouldn't mind polishing the center links like the rolex president, Im probably the only guy who likes it that way :)

and with regards to india having the daytona, yes they do have it and also had the black dyatona c but I wasn't a fan of the black one. kinda wish I took pics for the forum to see.
    The prices are a bit extreme though roughly US $17,000 for a new one and there is no way to get the VAT tax back like you can in Europe but they did have a lot of new rolex pieces, Ive been looking for a BLNR to see in person for years and to my surprise they had one.. though it was a little underwhelming for me which was sad as I did want to buy it next. The Blnr looked nice from a 2 feet away but I didn't like it on my wrist for some reason.

As I tried on the yellow gold and rose gold rolex daydate 40, Ive come to realize that skin tone matters as I preferred how yellow gold looked on me vs the rose gold which almost blended with my skin tone. Or maybe Ive been in India for too long and now I'm starting to love yellow gold :D

20. EatMan Oct 3, 2016

man... I can't believe I'm about to type this... I have CK2998LE and never thought much of DaytonaC, but after looking at your video, I'm lusting after DaytonaC. really like how flat it sits on your wrist. always thought the watch was a bit too busy but looks really great on your wrist....