Forums Latest Members

Got my Ebay Omega movements and did some work on them

1. DON Oct 28, 2015

Sellers image

[​IMG]

344 needed a small second wheel and new rotor bridge

28.10 only needed a new rotor bridge (cracked jewel)

30.10 is quite aged. Rotor bridge was toast (rotor axle hole), so swapped that out and runs quite nicely

511 who cares. Parts movement

30T2RG needed a little work. Swapped out setting bridge due to age. Placed the ratchet wheel on a spare arbor and gave it a spin on my Foredom tool with some ultra fine steel wool to clean up some corrosion in the center and a little polish. Not mint, but better than it was.

Fine regulation plate I fine sanded the edges due to corrosion. Face I didn't do much as I didn't want to remove too much material. Movement isn't mint, so not going to worry.

Balance staff had 2 broken pivots, but hairspring was good. Picked up a new staff today and just have to find someone to do the work and get it running

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not bad overall for the price

DON

wsfarrell and Joe K. like this.
  2. wsfarrell Oct 28, 2015

Nice work. Maybe I missed something---what's the plan with these?

3. DON Oct 28, 2015

No plan. I used to restore and at one point (before my watchmaker passed away and dial refinisher retired) close to 54 30 mm and bumper movements, about 35 Omega restoration projects and 4 cases of vintage Omega parts. Afterwards just started selling everything off, but still buy movements when the price is right.

Found this old post of some stuff. Bottom middle was the last watch to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nickw and DirtyDozen12 like this.