Forums Latest Members

Got 99 problems but the Mrs ain't one

1. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Mar 24, 2015

So, there is occasionally a post (or a reluctant FS listing) bemoaning the undue negative influence one's significant other wields over this horological hobby of ours.

I apologise if this sounds like a gloat (and by "sounds like", read "definitely is" and by "apologise" read "ahahahahaha") but my wife is always encouraging me to buy a new Omega. I try to be sensible and talk about a future house or future kids but she is unrelenting...it's a struggle I tells ya!

So, is there something wrong with me?
    **ducks and covers**

hooligan74 and Event horizon like this.
  2. imexian Mar 24, 2015

Can you speak in queens English? I think I get it but not sure...

3. ulackfocus Mar 24, 2015

Luckily, I have a semi-permanent kitchen pass. As long as the bills are getting paid, I also get to use my discretionary income at my discretion. ::bleh::

Been on a watch hiatus (well, mostly) for the last few months while I restock the wine rack. Sort of went overboard though. Now we're going to talk about the home remodeling we suspended late last year.

4. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Mar 24, 2015

without photos this thread is worthless

5. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Mar 24, 2015

I'm sure she'd be flattered but I think I'll keep those to myself

6. imexian Mar 24, 2015

Lol...:whipped:

7. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Mar 24, 2015

I'm pretty sure she doesn't read this site so I should get away with that

8. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Mar 24, 2015

Hey man I don't have the high flying job and disposable income that you may have so I have to justify spending 4 grand in one week on two watches by pretending to sell one of my possessions to my missus. If you don't want to buy my watch I suggest you do as the advert says and jog on pal. In fact don't buy my watch and carry jogging on your monies worthless in my eyes. As the ad says I'm trying to appease my wife not trying to sell a watch pal.
    Mods make sure he doesn't buy my watch and make sure his like minded pals stay away too.
    Jesus Christ what does a guy have to do to stop people buying my watch? In fact here's another photo to convince you[​IMG]
    I might be skint but I'm not desperate, crack on and be a lawyer or doctor or whatever you do I will keep on getting my hands dirty doing a real job!
    Rant over have a nice day

kyle L and Tiny Iota like this.
  9. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Mar 24, 2015

Already this evening I've not bought several watches and there's still time before bed to not buy a couple more so you might get lucky

Event horizon likes this.
  10. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Mar 24, 2015

Oh by the way you don't even need to see my mountain bike lets just say it costs more than the aforementioned watches my excuse for that was I bought it second hand off a skint tosser, most people in my area don't spend that kind of money on a car. I lie to stay married not to part with my shizzle.

11. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Mar 24, 2015

And the bikes not for sale either

12. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Mar 24, 2015

Oh and I forgot it cost me a mulberry bag and a pair of louboutin shoes for that f...ki..g watch, and yes I'm a skint tosser as previously stated. I have a right to gripe!
    It's people like you that want to make me grab my ski mask and sawn off to make the easy money, do you live in the UK by any chance?

13. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Mar 24, 2015

did I miss something?

14. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 24, 2015

Many many years ago, before we were married, my wife and I went through pre-cana sessions with a couple who had been wedded for 30+ years. One of the best pieces of advice they gave us was to have separate but (relatively) equal discretionary funds - after essentials were covered. Discretionary means no questons asked. Works pretty well in our house. Sometimes she even spends hers on me. :D

Hijak and oddboy like this.
  15. KIMBER Mar 24, 2015

I feel like I missed something here.

16. OmegaRookie Mar 24, 2015

17. Flingit1200s Mar 24, 2015

I believe Tiny and Event are practicing an advanced form of sarcasm..........they definitely have it mastered........but I am a newbie......

Event horizon likes this.
  18. KIMBER Mar 24, 2015

Thanks Rookie makes sense now.

19. OmegaRookie Mar 24, 2015

You're welcome

20. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Mar 24, 2015

Actually, that's just about the way they speak it in certain parts of Queens.

OmegaRookie likes this.