Forums Latest Members
  1. sulaco May 24, 2014

...and trust in the good of people.
    This why by far the most interesting deal and i got to know a very interesting guy, to say they least.
    I really to some risk by selling my own Omega 1000m before i was really sure i would receive an all original
    vintage 166.093 but at the end it all went well and i am a pretty happy guy.

So here we go ... my New Old Omega Seamaster 1000m Professional.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 24, 2014

There are a lot of teasers in that intro, sulaco. Any deets about the "interesting deal"? Nice watch, BTW

3. sulaco May 24, 2014

Well you are right Lou, maybe i should clarify ;)
    About 2 month ago a guy from Finland did post a trade or buy offer here of this watch here, but never posted any pictures.
    I dropped him a mail and i merely forgot about it when he came to me beginning of may. As he is not so keen on using the internet and as he wasnt really a watch nut like we are, so i made him an offer which was better as the one a watchmaker gave him and we both found it was good enough.
    That was when we started to think about how to transfer the money, i wanted some security by using Paypal, he had no account and one trouble and excuse followed the next, but we managed it all. Some of my friends said stay away as far as you can, but we had so much email contact and i learned so much about the troubles he had been through, that i understood that there wasnt any bad intention at all, just mishaps.
    During the deal he had to pawn the watch.... but i still trusted him
    After the transfer through paypal and him verifying his account to get the money to his bank account
    needing a new passport which took some time ... i still trusted him.
    When he transfered to money to his account and his Mailbox went dead.... i still trusted him.
    We got back into comm via paypal and it took him some time to ship the watch... i still trusted him.

And in the end, i was very very happy by the result and somehow found a friend somehow. :)

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 24, 2014

That is certainly a lot of trust under circumstances - I'm glad it was well placed.

5. Skv May 24, 2014

The hands appear to have been replaced, don't they?

6. sulaco May 24, 2014

No Jelle, hands are original too, all Tritium evenly aged :)

7. Mothra May 24, 2014

Sulaco, you are a truly brave man...

8. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 24, 2014

love that story; had a few deals like that myself. i think, you can tell a character after a while. hard to explain. if you connect to the others wave length, it might just work out fine. and i really love your watch; what a refreshing sight to look at a vintage one. and not only the newly made up 1000`s, that come from switzerland. enjoy ! kind regards. achim

Barking mad and pascs like this.
  9. sulaco May 25, 2014

You are right Achim, you got to have some highly sophisticated senses sometimes to know when to continue or
    step back.
    But also had a lot of deals that turned sour, but Paypal always did save my A.. :)

10. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 25, 2014

Great to hear real trust in transaction these days. A rare occurrence.