Forums Latest Members

Good places for mail-in speedy servicing in the US?

1. VillageIdiot Jan 21, 2017

Now that Omega has jacked up their service prices, what watchmakers do people here like for mail-in speedy pro servicing? I know about Nesbits, but are there any others?

2. sensui Jan 21, 2017

He's local to me but one of the most established cw21 watchmaker around. Accepts mail in. Tom Doan or D's Time Service...he services all my Rolex/Omega vintage or modern. Always perfect work.

3. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Jan 21, 2017

Asking for recommendations is good but don't sacrifice quality service for cost.
    Establishing local options is always great for go to quick fixes as well..

4. b-16707 Jan 21, 2017

Bookmarking this thread. Would love to know this info too!

5. sensui Jan 21, 2017

Another one semi local that has great reviews for Rolex/Omega is Jewellers on Time...excellent watchmaker named Vanessa there. She takes mail in also...more Rolex side though. I stopped using Omega boutiques for service with their lack of care for specific instructions and high cost...and IMO independent watchmaker that are experienced and qualified are better to details and you know exactly who's working on the watch.

Rasputin, VillageIdiot and alam like this.
  6. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Jan 21, 2017

Etp095, Mad Dog and alam like this.
  7. Donn Chambers Jan 21, 2017

My experience with local Omega certified watchmakers (in both Austin, Texas and St. Pete, FL) is that their prices are about the same as sending the watch back to Omega, or just a little less. But this is for the modern watches.

Still, having it done locally is still better IMO - no worries about it being lost in shipping, and if something goes wrong, you can talk to the watchmaker in person.

8. alpapilot Jan 22, 2017

I used Womble Watch Works in Marietta, GA to service my old '71 Mark II. I'm fairly certain he accepts mail-ins too. However, I'm local so, YMMV.

Womble did an excellent job. At the time (about five years ago) it cost me $750. That included movement service and case/bracelet refinishing.

Mad Dog likes this.
  9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2017

Use caution and always inquire first, many ADs offering omega repair and other watchmakers as well, offer Omega repair but are not qualified to repair Co-axial. They act as a middleman and send Co-axials into Omega. You have to inquire about INHOUSE repair.

sensui, Mad Dog, pippy and 1 other person like this.
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 22, 2017

Very good point made here - many stores that offer watch repair don't do anything themselves, and send it out as trade work to the lowest bidder. I have had stores ask me if I can beat the pricing their current watchmakers have - let's just say no one is doing a good job for the sort of money these places were expecting to pay me for my time...

Deal directly with the person doing the work as much as you can.

Cheers, Al

11. VillageIdiot Jan 23, 2017

Thanks for all of the replies.

12. MTROIS Jan 23, 2017

Keep 'EM still coming though.
    Looking for options on the East coast of the US...

13. shoota70 Jan 23, 2017

I have had great experiences with Nesbit's.

Have sent them a 145.022 and a 3576.50 and they did perfect jobs. They are very experienced in Omega, and seem to be tuned in to what is important with vintage.

Mad Dog likes this.
  14. kkt Jan 23, 2017

I've been happy with Nesbit's. They'll probably cost about the same as Omega, but if you tell them not to polish or replace hands or dials all willy-nilly they'll understand.

Mad Dog likes this.
  15. proximal Jan 26, 2017

I've had good experience with Tom as well. He is trained on Omega Co-Axial, although I don't have any experience with his work on those.

sensui likes this.
  16. WatchVaultNYC Jan 26, 2017

+1 for Tom. I heard he did a Mitsukoshi mod for you?

sensui likes this.
  17. sensui Jan 26, 2017

Yeah and serviced about 10 watches for me (I keep bringing him one to work on every time I pick up until my service backlog on the collection is done). He also serviced coaxial movements for me as well (2500 variants) since he's trained on those as well. Very good/honest guy that does quality work on all my Omega and Rolex watches.

Rodmar and WatchVaultNYC like this.
  18. night0wl Jan 27, 2017

What is omega charging now for the 1861 and 9300's?

19. VillageIdiot Jan 27, 2017

20. night0wl Jan 28, 2017

Thank you for the link, I thought Omega had removed all pricing from their website and didn't know they had the service pricing there.