Forums Latest Members

Good luck to anyone in Florida, Puerto Rico etc

1. Walrus Aug 31, 2019

I’m in Connecticut so we don’t get many hurricanes, just the aftermaths of wind and rain. Two years ago I did get nailed with a tornado that was nice enough to put a tree on my car. I’m just following the news and it looks like this is gonna be a nasty hurricane for all you living down south. Hope it’s ok to put this non watch post here if not give me a heads up and I’ll delete it. Stay safe and keep your watches dry

Dogmann, DaveK and Fritz like this.
  2. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Aug 31, 2019

Fortunately, We don't get this sort of thing in the UK but I got a message from a friend of mine in the U.S. who is concerned about her daughter's family in Florida. Just saw a report that said Dorian is shifting course a bit..... Hopefully it's heading away from land.::confused2::

Walrus likes this.
  3. Walrus Aug 31, 2019

ya same here that’s what prompted me to write this I have several friends I talked to who are on the run but they are used to these things which is weird in itself

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 31, 2019

South Floridian here. Looks like we’ve dodged a large bullet with Dorian. Expecting some wind and rain on Monday and Tuesday.

[​IMG]

We’ll know more at 5pm when the next update comes out. Landfall expected late in the week in North Carolina, if at all. The slower the forward motion, the greater the chance it goes out to sea.

Thanks for the kind thoughts,
    gatorcpa

Eve, Woops, connieseamaster and 2 others like this.
  5. Walrus Aug 31, 2019

I’m really glad to hear it hope it stays that way

6. GandOsDad Aug 31, 2019

Unfortunately the Bahamas are screwed, 24 hours + of cat 4 winds....just horrific

7. squarelug Aug 31, 2019

I'm seriously amazed how variable these forecasts are. We dodged a bullet where I am for sure.

8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 31, 2019

Was in Marsh Harbor Bahamas last year on a charter. Pray for them. They are about to take a direct hit.

DaveK likes this.
  9. ranger052 Sep 1, 2019

Miami here as well.

Lets hope it goes away!

Walrus likes this.