Forums Latest Members

Good food, good wine and good company - the Yorkshire GTG

1. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Dec 29, 2016

In this season of goodwill to all, three wise men travelled to Leeds from afar (well Huddersfield actually -so not very far at all) and brought with them great treasures
    - add one Geordie domiciled in Leeds and we had a gathering....
    a splendid afternoon, with some great watches on show -both old and new (the oldest being an early 1800's pocket watch!)

it was billed as an Omega GTG but it would be rude not to give honourable mentions to the splendid array of Heuer, JLC, Rolex, Seiko and Tissot that were on show (amongst other perhaps less known but equally interesting watches)

credits to
    @chunkythebulldog
    @Phil h
    @Stu-Silver

As it says in the title, good food, good conversation - and probably too much wine and beer -but all in all a great afternoon with some real gentlemen

Season's greetings to all on the forum - this is what this hobby is all about

a couple of pics:
    omega first
    then 'all in'
    IMG_1768.JPG
    IMG_1761.JPG

michael e, khmt2, Jwit and 10 others like this.
  2. Tom Dick and Harry Dec 29, 2016

Nice, let me know next time you boys get together and I will come along

3. Stu-Silver Dec 29, 2016

Is that my Conny or yours!! Ha. Think I brought the correct one home. I really did have a great afternoon, great to meet you all and with a few more recruits, I'm sure we can pull another GTG off in summer 17.

4. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Dec 29, 2016

Good stuff gents.

I have this Dutch group (good people) of watch lovers who meet up now and then, but I'm the only one bringing Connies to the table.