Forums Latest Members

Good Deal On An El Primero A 783

1. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Apr 7, 2013

2. Interstatetime Apr 7, 2013

I threw up a bid on this one Lou. But despite what the seller said, the bezel had turned gold in a ring all of the way around above the numbers. He also commented that there was something wrong with the seal. Melted seals scare me.

Even with a service charge this one is probably a great deal. I probably should have bid a couple hundred more. The case was really nice.

JohnnyPockets

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 7, 2013

Anyone here?

4. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Apr 7, 2013

Agree, good deal. This must be the least loved of the tonneau-case models, perhaps because it looks too much like an Espada or Astronic with some bits missing. Johnny, would an A783 get any wrist time from you in place of that beautiful Astronic, and if so, why?

5. Interstatetime Apr 7, 2013

You forget my friend...I don't buy everything to keep. ;) And...I like variety. Today's watch weighs a lot less and is giving the Astro a rest.

[​IMG]

6. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Apr 7, 2013

Love that Heuer, and I like variety too, that's why there are about 100 chronos I'd buy before an A783... it just would never get on my wrist ahead of the Espada or Astronic... too similar and slightly less awesome. But if you're planning to flip, yes, you're probably not going to lose money on that one.