Forums Latest Members

Good buy? Advice,first nice watch

1. Nathan5830 Mar 15, 2017

2. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Mar 15, 2017

Nice to meet you too...

Rodmar, Davidt, oddboy and 1 other person like this.
  3. Nathan5830 Mar 15, 2017

Hey Watchknut fairly new here. I don't know anything about omega watches but have wanted one for a long time.

4. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Mar 15, 2017

Welcome...read up and you will learn a ton. Do your research before looking to buy.

5. ohmzx Mar 15, 2017

Welcome- imo I would buy the Bond seamaster or speedmaster to start off. They are nice and classic. Don't forget the check the watch for sale forum here. There are a couple of nice seamaster for sale now. Good luck.

Rodmar likes this.
  6. sleepyhead Mar 15, 2017

Pictures are a bit grotty. Description from the ad follows. I have a healthy distrust of exclamation marks and smileys in watch descriptions, so I'd steer clear. As stated above, keep an eye out on the sales forum here and you will find one that you like.

Omega SeaMaster AUTOMATIC 2255.80 Electric Blue Dial, MUST SEE!!!!!

Truly nice vintage condition !!!!!!

Comes with original Red Omega box (box is not in clean condition no more, but you wear the watch, not the box :).

I have a 2254.50 (same watch, different bezel and dial (black dial)), but I did sell that one and keep this, because this owns a magnificently gorgeous ELECTRIC BLUE dial that I dont see in any watches at all!!!!!

Truly nice vintage condition and the Omega Cal. 1120 Automatic movement ticks nicely and keeps EXCELLENT time!!!!!!

I am seeking funds to get a new (yes, another one :)) Rolex into my collection, hence the reason for selling this one.

International purchase is ok, just let me know your exact location, I will get you shipping quotes.

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 16, 2017

Rodmar, Omega1 and terryb111 like this.
  8. terryb111 Mar 16, 2017

At least he has an avatar. That will make @STANDY happy

Rodmar likes this.
  9. meganfox17 Mar 16, 2017

How do you pronounce your name @Nathan5830 ? Is it Ney-turn or Naah-den ? [emoji3] Seriously that's how you pronounce the 2nd 0ne in Malaysia.....

I know the ebay Seller well, I'm just very curious what Rolex model he's targeting now....Hmmmm..... I bet 100 Shekels he's going after GMT Master II Ref 116719 BLRO [emoji14] a.k.a The White Gold Pepsi !

The SM 300 Electric Blue Ref 2255.80 Cal 1120 for sale on ebay has too many ding dongs on the casing , minor dents & ugly scratches on the bezel,lugs and crown.

Why did the Seller claim that it's a nice vintage example when all i can see is a pretty beaten up old watch !
    Using bombastic words to describe the Electric blue isnt gonna impress me coz it's NOT thaaaat rare in the Malaysian watch market. Like Duhhh.....

Do you know what disaster would follow next ? 2017-03-16%2018.31.06.png Examine closely this SM Electric Blue offered by a Malaysian Seller right now for USD 1700 & pray tell me what on earth is WRONG with it ? 2017-03-16%2018.31.36.png
    When the bezel looks like the rough example on ebay , what follows is the bezel lume PIP / lume dot falls or pops out , never to be seen again. Be prepared to search for an aftermarket lume dot if that happens.....Ok ok you could still glue the lume dot back again.....
    I would rate the condition as 7/10 & if its serviced recently , place a tag price of USD1000 ! That's the bottom line

I'm of the my opinion that the Modern Classics such as Ref 2254.80 ; 2255.80 ; 2254 America's Cup White Gold Bezel inserts carry the greatest blends of form and function , the beautiful Roman Sword hands on the dial represent a period of great power at the height of the Roman Empire under Emperor Marcus Aurelius .Yeah ! When Russell Crowe was General Maximus in Gladiator.....

Ok I'm done here[emoji136] Good Luck Nay-than !
    God Speed-Dy !

P/S : The Seller actually has in his possesion a very rare LE DLC Steinhart OVM MK I with beautiful Roman Sword Hands. Ask him about it......

10. Nathan5830 Mar 16, 2017

sorry all that replied it took so long for a response. Meganfox my name is pronounced naythun. I tried to write is like it sounds. I look forward to learning and thanks for the likes,really makes a guy feel at home,unlike breitling source.