Forums Latest Members

Good affordable watch winder to buy

1. Arjunkvisakh Aug 16, 2014

I am looking at buying a watch winder. I would like to buy something that has a multiple speed setting and is omnidirectional. I would appreciate it if you can provide some input here.

2. LeDave Aug 16, 2014

I bought a Heiden Vantage double watch winder about 10 months ago or so from Amazon. It worked great until just recently. Once in awhile it would not power on and I would have to unplug the power cord and replug it in for it to work again.

3. Shem Aug 16, 2014

I have a Wolf I got thrown in when I bought my Rolex Yacht-Master, and it's great. It would only have been $225 MSRP to buy (less if you got it used or on sale, etc.). It only has one speed (works with all Rolexes and Omegas I've put in it) but does rotate both directions. Looks and feels high-quality, too.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 16, 2014

5. npv0 Aug 16, 2014

6. alam Aug 16, 2014

I have a two head Eilux, three settings, and multidirectional -- and although it does not command the retail prices of an Orbita it does the job. I have had mine for almost four years, it continues to work as a champ!

http://www.eilux.com/Products/classic/9/ew-1488-glbk/

BTW, I paid less than $400 for it....

7. woodwkr2 Aug 16, 2014

I've got two wrists. Very handy. Go with me everywhere I go, and are capable of winding vintage and modern pieces without adjusting any settings. ;)

timeismoney likes this.
  8. NT931 Aug 17, 2014

+1 on the Eilux. I paid around USD170 for a EW1388 three years ago, and it's still chugging along fine. It's getting slightly noisier but still pretty quiet.

9. chickenman26 Aug 2, 2016

Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but I thought it deserves an update. I also have Heiden Vantage double. Two of them in fact. They both started doing the same thing as LeDave's. Somethimes they'll run for a week or more, but sometimes only a few days before stopping. You never know it's dead till you see all your watches have stopped. Naturally, it must be the fault of my electricity...brown out, low voltage, power outage, etc. And just as naturally, Heiden claims "we never heard this complaint before." They were only $169 each on Amazon. Still, that's $340 down a rat hole. My Wolf seems to like my electricity just fine, so I'll be stepping up for three more.

Stu

10. mdgrwl Aug 2, 2016

Eilux

11. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Aug 2, 2016

These come standard with most bodies!

open-uri20131202-9861-7fsdin.jpeg
    DirtyDozen12 likes this.
  12. musicamega Aug 3, 2016

I have a Wolf Heritage and a Belocia. Both sit bedside, and I can hear the Belocia turning. Both work great, but the Wolf works quietly.

13. chickenman26 Aug 11, 2016

I went with the Wolf 4.1 modules from Topper. Bought 3, so now have a total of 4 all linked together with their display feet and powered by a single AC adapter. I also bought the external battery pack, so I can run them in the safe when we're on extended vacation.

Interesting story here about registering these products for warranty. It turns out that all of them manufactured in the same batch have the exact same serial #. Yes, that's nuts. So I had to register the same item 3 times, and if warranty issues come up, I'll need the sales slip to confirm the purchase date. Funny thing...the one I bought from Topper a year ago has the same serial as the 3 I just purchased, so they won't be able to distinguish any one of them as to date purchased.

The battery pack is another story. They claim to sell so few that they purchase them in small lots, and each lot may be from a different manufacturer and a completely different product. The battery I received from Topper is a 38 watt-hour item (they claimed 50 watt-hour) that Wolf claims to have no knowledge of. Wolf sell a 21 watt-hour battery on their website. Confusing, but it all works well.

14. chickenman26 Aug 11, 2016

So helpful...