Forums Latest Members
  1. Sarge 45 Mar 6, 2019

Hi all! I am completing my watch acquisition adventure, and will own 4 watches I love. I already own a Tissot 150th anniversary model with small seconds that I bought in 2004,a Hamilton Khaki Team Earth model with Harrison Ford's signature in 2009, and a Bremont Boeing titanium chronograph, bought about a month ago. I am now about to attain the crown jewel of my collection, and Omega Speedmaster professional with sapphire crystal.
    I know what I want, I know what the current retail price is, but I don't know where to buy it. I went to my local ad which is a chain jewelry store located in the mall. At first the salesperson told me no, they don't make that with a sapphire crystal. After rummaging around in the catalog he suddenly realized oh yes they did, but had none in stock. Then instead of offering to order it for me he tried to switch me to a "much better watch' and and tried to sell me a Rolex Submariner.
    He even told me that any watch that was still manually wound had to be junk! Needless to say, I got the Hell outta there!!
    So, where online can I find a real authorized Omega Dealer, who is also reputable?
    Thank you all in advance!

2. Wombat123 Mar 6, 2019

Well, it may help if you tell us where sort of on Mother Earth you are...
    Besides near a mall.

Muddlerminnow and WatchShopping like this.
  3. Sarge 45 Mar 6, 2019

4. Sarge 45 Mar 6, 2019

Sorry, Raleigh NC

5. Sublime_1 Mar 6, 2019

Submariner at an AD? I didn't think they were allowed to sell sports models anymore;)

connieseamaster likes this.
  6. Sublime_1 Mar 6, 2019

If your willing to pay retail you can order from Omega's website.

7. jB1128 Mar 6, 2019

Just did a quick search on the Omega website and here is a link to the one AD they have listed there:

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/store/storedetails/4707

Additionally, it appears that they have either an AD or boutique in the following cities: Charlotte, Durham, Greensboro, Pineville, Wilmington and Winston Salem.

Good luck with the hunt!

8. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Mar 6, 2019

Well to start, if you want new from an AD, select from here: https://www.omegawatches.com/store/country/united-states/state/north-carolina

If you are willing to go grey market or preowned, I would shop here on OF. Here are two (I have no affiliation with either seller):
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/ome...-311-30-42-30-01-006-sapphire-sandwich.90425/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/fso...-sapphire-311-30-42-30-01-006-new-2019.89206/

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 6, 2019

Those team earths are great pieces. A little ahead of thier time. It’s on my hunt list.

10. Sarge 45 Mar 6, 2019

Again, looking for an Authorized Dealer online. No joy locally and I have no interest in driving long distance only to be disappointed. I know that an AD can discount a bit. Do not want to buy used, from anywhere! Too dang many idiots out there opening up their watches when they barely have the skill or brains to open the morning mail!

11. Sarge 45 Mar 6, 2019

I really don't care about Ford's signature but the almost black chocolate dial, vintage lume, and reeded bezel had me whipping out my wallet at first sight! The watch also survived three years in Afghanistan,and still keeps prett good time.

Foo2rama likes this.
  12. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Mar 6, 2019

ADs in the US aren’t allowed to sell online. You can buy online directly from Omega at full price or you can buy online from the grey market.

connieseamaster likes this.
  13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 6, 2019

No AD’s can sell online.

14. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Mar 6, 2019

They can in Europe, or at least they used to be allowed to. US ADs have never been allowed to sell online.

15. Evitzee Mar 6, 2019

OP's options are limited if he wants to buy from an AD but doesn't want to trave!, and if grey market is off limits. Looks like it is back to the mall. Ask them for their best price and have them order it for you. Don't forget you have to pay sales tax buying locally, grey market you wouldn't. To me it makes no sense to buy locally when there are good sellers on OF.

16. trenken Mar 6, 2019

To me boutiques and ad’s are out of the question these days. They charge at or near retail. The online grey market is great. Plenty of reviews for most known sellers out there. They accept returns, so its safe. ADs still charge like 4 grand for omegas that sell for 3k brand new online

17. Sarge 45 Mar 6, 2019

Okay, who do you suggest? Jomashop?

18. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Mar 6, 2019

::facepalm1::

19. trenken Mar 6, 2019

Chrono24 is excellent.

20. trenken Mar 6, 2019

Chrono 24 also has total buyer protection, like ebay and amazon have. You cant get ripped off.

643F86BD-066F-4B82-A322-323D6ABD5540.jpeg