Forums Latest Members

Gold Omega Watch What is it worth? is it Real? (Pics)

1. bean Apr 20, 2011

Hi i have been left this watch by my grandmother who recently passed away and i know nouthing about watches.
    if anyone could guive me some information on, what type of omega this is, or is it valuable?
    the back says 18K gold but is that plate or solid?

Regards, Bean

Click below for thumbs and full size pics...

WatchA.jpg
    WatchA.jpg

WatchB.jpg
    WatchB.jpg

WatchC.jpg
    WatchC.jpg

WatchD.jpg
    WatchD.jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 20, 2011

You might want to post a higher quality picture of the movement as that one is a bit blurred but looking at it. I'm not an expert on ladies watches, or vintage Omega for that matter, just a keen collector, the closest you'll find is Desmond, the owner of http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/ but even then even he's a collector of mens watches rather than ladies. The general sentiment is that ladies vintage watches including by Omega are not overly collectible, there really isn't a community or much interest around them, which is the bad news.

I can't comment as to whether or not its real gold, but I can say that for ladies watches of that sort, the only thing that matters is how it looks on a lady. To be honest, most ladies watches of old are a bit ordinary, that one genuinely looks beautiful.

3. Trev The Architect Staff Member Apr 20, 2011

Welcome to the forum, Bean. :thumbsup:

Removed the duplicate post for this one.

Not an expert on vintage Omega ladies by any means, but everything I've seen so far looks pretty legit.

4. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Apr 20, 2011

It is a fake Omega, stay away from it. Have seen couple of these during the last few years. It has a non-Omega movement, the logo is wrong, the wording is strange... just isn't OK.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 20, 2011

I guess that brings it back to... melt it if its real gold, scrap it if its not. I honestly didn't know :unsure:

6. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Apr 20, 2011

Also funny how 'Antichoc' has been written on the dial :) I even doubt that it is gold, so I don't think there is much to melt for...