Forums Latest Members
  1. Belsham87 Nov 9, 2014

Hello, this is my first post on the forum.
    I signed up today as it seems the best place to possible get some help on an omega I have.

The watch has been in the family for years and no one seems to know where it's come from.
    The surround looks like gold with a stainless backing, the face also looks gold.

The two things we are having trouble with is the Omega placed on the lower half of the face (not seen this before)
    Also Family members have said it had a "Middle Eastern" male figure on the inside of the glass or maybe on the face of the watch, but is no removed.

Any help on this would be amazing as we are really having trouble finding anything online about it.

(Sorry about the quality about pictures, will upload some detailed ones ASAP)

Thanks for the future help,
    Christian.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 9, 2014

Here is a much later watch, however I have seen similar ones to yours with various mid-east royal figures, etc. portrayed on the dial, usually with the Omega symbol and printing below as is yours.

These were given as gifts to visiting dignitaries, etc.

$_57 copy.JPG

3. Belsham87 Nov 10, 2014

Thank you for the quick reply. Do you think they are custom made then?
    Would like to roughly know what the worth is if any that is.

Cheers
    Chris.

4. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Nov 10, 2014

There are several dial layouts that were made for mid-east royals. Here is an example with King Ibn Saud from Saudi Arabia:
    [​IMG]

The only part of the watch that is customized is the dial. Since this was altered on your example, the dial is no longer original and this detracts significantly from the value.

5. davidswiss Nov 10, 2014

But never seen one with nothing in the top section.