Forums Latest Members

Gold dial Seamaster Professional?

1. snick777 Jan 23, 2016

Not sure if this one is a legit O IMG_2221.JPG IMG_2222.JPG mega dial. I was offered this today . Any advise?

2. Traveler Jan 23, 2016

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 23, 2016

Serial number 60001190 is for a ref. 23988000, which is a two tone Seamaster Chronograph, with a Cal. 1164 and blue dial with gold lettering.

Is it possible that your dial has faded to be almost all gold? Well I've seen such things in other brands (Oris for example), but not on Omegas typically, although I would say it's possible. The hands should be tipped with red, but it's quite common that those fade. So either a faded dial or someone has put the wrong dial on. Depending on the price it might be a good buy, but it depends on how stuck you are on things looking original or new.

I don't see issues with anything other than the dial to be honest, so really up to you.

4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2016

Quick pic before I head out the door....

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2016

The bottom half of the chapter ring and just around the centre of the dial you can still see the blue so I think you're on the money there the white bits around the outside of the lume though are also yellow, which makes me wonder if its not faded but either been exposed to salt water or bathed in some chemical cleaning substance or something that did that to it.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 24, 2016

Yes I saw those marks also and wondered hat they might be - very difficult to tell without seeing the watch in person. Bottom line is it appears to be a genuine watch that has a bad dial for whatever reason. New dial and hands can be bought, so as long as the movement is good, and again depending on the price....

Cheers, Al

7. snick777 Feb 4, 2016

Thanks. I passed on that one, a bad dial color and faded. Not quite sure why they did that but to each his own.